The Cluck

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by jpladies, Jan 4, 2018.

1. jpladies

jpladies New Member

Ive started experimenting with different ways to help people advance their abilities when it comes to the cluck. I tried to make this unlikebany other instructional video out there. This video I tried to taylor for those that know how to cluck, but want to take their abilities to the next level.

Thanks,
    Josh

wanapasaki and jzoo like this.
  2. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Moderator- Diver, NY Forum, Refuge Classifieds Sponsor Moderator Flyway Manager

Phelps,New York (Heart of the Finger Lakes)
    Great post, thanks. I so want to learn a Short Reed!! lol This helped.

3. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

Sorry man, couldn't make it past the douchey 6 second intro. Maybe just try being yourself?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Mr.Bones and Keith McGowan like this.
  4. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

LOL. Goose calling, another thing meth doesn't go well with. :D

Keith McGowan likes this.
  5. bruce

bruce Elite Refuge Member

I am on my way to seventy-one years old. Various physical troubles have put me out of the game. I loved it dearly for the comaraderie, planning, and hard work it took to be successful. I loved it for natures gloriful sunrise. I loved it for the gorgeous sounds of various birds and animals awakening. I loved it when calling clearly caught the attention of approaching birds and they were coming! I am sorry because I don't know you or your generation and I suspect that you can call just fine, but, the hip-hop bee-bop backward cap stuff repulsed me. It brings to mind those commercials for wonderful stuff that is only 19.99 but if you act now, you can two for the same price.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  6. jpladies

jpladies New Member

Well, here's the thing. You can not like me as a person all you want. I knew when I was asked to make this video that not everyone that would watch it would like me, or agree with my calling style. Believe me, I take everything that is said to heart and approach every negative comment as constructive critisim. However, I will say that the positive comments and the growth in abilities of the people I've helped BY FAR out weigh any personal bashing you can throw at me. I set out to make this video with the intent of expanding on the basic instruction for the average caller. From what I've heard, from far more people than in the contrary, Ive done that.

jzoo likes this.
  7. bruce

Well, Here is the thing. I can't possibly dislike you as a person. I don't know you beyond what you put up here. I suspect I would like a lot if I knew you. What I greatly object to is the introjection of crap music, backward hat, crap music BS. Waterfowling ain't t about that stuff.

8. jpladies

jpladies New Member

I mean, I mostly listen to Texas Red Dirt, and Country music from the 70s to the early 2000s if that helps you?

9. bruce

It is still about the glorious rising sun, the clouds, the rain , the snow, the hard work of the hunting troupe, it has nothing to do with how you wear your baseball cap nor how fast you can talk.

10. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

Awwwwwww yeah boooooy. Fer shizzy. If that's who you really are, good on ya and be yourself. It came across as rather inauthentic to me, like you were trying a bit to hard to be someone you aren't.

It's possible that if someone makes it past 6 seconds there is plenty to learn. Everyone can and should continue to learn new things. I just couldn't' get past the 6 second mark to find out.

Keith McGowan likes this.