The Deserter Walks

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by hartfish, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Tuck31

Tuck31 Elite Refuge Member

Didn't his family turn? We may not have heard the last of him.....

As to his father:

"A devout Presbyterian, Bergdahl was aware of the impression he made on local congregants. His former pastor told the Washington Post that Bergdahl occasionally explained to friends that he had not developed any sympathies for the Taliban, he only wanted to understand their worldview.

Nonetheless, those attempts to understand the Taliban have occasionally shaded into acts and gestures that strike some critics as a little too close for comfort. Just recently, reports surfaced of a tweet deleted from Bob Bergdahl’s Twitter account that directly addressed a Taliban spokesman. “I am still working to free all Guantanamo prisoners,” it read. “God will repay for the death of every Afghan child, ameen.”"

That is not a typo, "ameen" is how Muslims end prayer, like we a say "amen".

http://time.com/2817950/bowe-bergdahl-dad-beard/

WHUP ! Hen likes this.
  2. stump

stump Elite Refuge Member

"President Trump's unprincipled effort to stoke a lynch-mob atmosphere while seeking our nation's highest office has cast a dark cloud over the case," the lawyer said.

I think he tweeted some stuff also about the traitor while in office.

I heard talk of this earlier (quoted) and was curious as the weight it may carry. I would like to believe the judge would be impervious to such things, but it does come from the CIC, which of course is going to carry a little sway to an opinion. I expected a mis-trial due to the chatter prior to the hearing.
    That being said, I believe each of the last few presidents have done something similar, so this isn't just Trump being Trump, it has happened before.

3. cootmeurer

cootmeurer Elite Refuge Member

It will only get worse. I expect him to turn a 7 figure deal with a book and movie script within 2 years. The America hating revisionist creeps in Hollywood are probably already trying to get an appointment with his agent.

I actually passed his bus convoy last week (1 military vehicle, 1 lawyer vehicle, and 5 news vans) as he was leaving court and returning to his lodgings). Maybe I should have "blacked out" and run him off the road?

WHUP ! Hen and BirdJ like this.
  4. stump

stump Elite Refuge Member

Yeah, that i think is what hurts the most

5. WHUP ! Hen

WHUP ! Hen Elite Refuge Member

They ought to kick that Military Judge Colonel out of the Army, what a disgrace.

6. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

He'll probably turn himself into a Transgender!;)

7. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Do you think they are taking what happened to him while he was in captivity into consideraton? What are 4-5 years of torture and abuse worth ? Did the military court say why he was just receiving the dishonorable discharge and not jail time? There must be a good reason somewhere.

8. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

From the way I understand it, he developed positive feelings toward his captors fairly early on (Stockholm syndrome, maybe). Didn’t he go to them when he deserted? Either way, his actions caused the deaths of several much better soldiers. He should have fried.

9. CookMan

CookMan Elite Refuge Member

Word on that. It looks bad for the JAG corp.

10. yellowlab03

yellowlab03 Elite Refuge Member

I read most of the AAR stuff on him. He definitely went through Hell. I had to keep reminding myself that he walked out of safety into Indian country to abandon his post and dessert. He also got a lot of good dudes injured and killed trying to look for his stupid arse. His beatings and confinement for that time was on him. Now he needs to pay for the damage caused to other people.

YL03

cootmeurer, lax and WHUP ! Hen like this.