The failing of American Journalism

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by CPLZ, Apr 6, 2015.

1. stuwest

stuwest Elite Refuge Member

BUT, the end is the same...

2. CPLZ

CPLZ Senior Refuge Member

Sort of...meaning it can or can't be depending on the story, the writer and the editor.

Take George Stephanopoulos....Very left and this shows quite a bit when talking about stuff outside, "This Week". However, on "This Week" I think he does a pretty good job of keeping it even keel and putting everyones feet to the fire equally.

3. JBRUNO4590

JBRUNO4590 Elite Refuge Member

The issue with all of today's MSM is that they distribute the information with a slant/spin that fits their own agendas. As a result, people of like minds tend to watch those outlets to get their versions of the "News".

Anymore all anyone gets is a version of reality, they just happen to choose what version of reality they want to hear by watching and listening to certain MSM choices.

If you really want to get an interesting view of the news, watch the BBC news.

4. stuwest

stuwest Elite Refuge Member

Again, from YOUR perspective... Not saying you're wrong, just that i've heard the same of o'Reilley...

5. dleva

dleva Senior Refuge Member

I find the MSM quite liberal, with the exception of Fox, and hardly watch anymore. The coverage of Ferguson/Obamacare/IRS Lois Lerner/Clinton email issues etc by MSM has been enough for me. I occasionally watch the Sunday shows, Meet the press(NBC)/state of the union(CNN)/ fox news sunday(FOX) just to get an idea of which way the media and the white house is leaning on issues. Still like to watch Brett Bair on Fox think he gives unbiased viewpoint on issues. Overall, try not to watch too much news??.it just ****es me off.

6. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Bingo. :tu