The Great Arkansas Coaching Search of 2011

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by Big Gumbo, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Big Gumbo

Big Gumbo Elite Refuge Member

Arkansas has excellence in place at the football and baseball programs. Now it is time to try over in Basketball.

I don't think it's a question of if Pelphery is gone but when it's going to be official. Backpack on Rivals sez the buyout has been worked out and Pel will send out resumes this coming week.

I wish Pel the best. To my knowledge he hasn't shagged any anchors our had butch dykes do dirtywork for him.

2. muscall

muscall Elite Refuge Member

Petrino's conference record isn't so spectacular at Arkansas. Hopefully he will excel here at some point or another, but he hasn't done it yet.

2008 Arkansas 2–6
    2009 Arkansas 3–5
    2010 Arkansas 6-2

3. In Close

In Close Elite Refuge Member

As Far As I Can Get From Skybusters & Spinners & V
    That's excelling at AR...and that was still worth a Top 15 Top 20 all year long...I'll take it every year. In every game in the 4th quarter; throw in a BCS bowl every couple-three years...that's just butta. :tu

Fully expected a slow start due to Bobby arriving late on the scene with minimal time to recruit. And those he was able to land on short notice were better than what was left.

4. PrairieSkyGuide

PrairieSkyGuide Senior Refuge Member

5. GRNHEADKILLA

GRNHEADKILLA Senior Refuge Member

I nominate Bull-Sprig for head coach and
    In Close for assistant
    They seem to know what is best for everything in Arkansas
    :z

6. muscall

muscall Elite Refuge Member

God is smart and has a plan for us all.

7. pin oak

pin oak Elite Refuge Member

Are you saying that you disagree with inclose's point? If so, please explain

8. Big Gumbo

Big Gumbo Elite Refuge Member

9. blake_mhoona

blake_mhoona Elite Refuge Member

i am impressed gumbo...

what are the chances of getting him? one side of the coin is that he is already in THE basketball conference (so why would he leave) the other side of the coin is he is in one of the toughest basketball conferences (easier to leave for consistent wins in SEC)...

would he give up being in the best conference for being in the SEC just to win a couple conference championships?

whats the word on scott drew? travis ford? or no mention of either?

i'm at the point where i want to dish out the big bucks...its like field of dreams "pay and they will come"

although i wouldnt mind san diego states coach (steve fisher) if Long absolutely wants to cut corners and get a mid major coach...

10. wigeonmeister

wigeonmeister Elite Refuge Member

I was watching OSU's final home game last week, and couldn't help but notice all the fans disguised as empty seats in their newly expanded upper deck at Gallagher-Iba, and the thought hit me, "Lord, please don't let us hire him to replace Pelphrey. We already have that problem!"