The Great Arkansas Coaching Search of 2011

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by Big Gumbo, Mar 12, 2011.

1. DanT

DanT Senior Refuge Member

Damn, hope you ain't throwin' me in as a member of that click..........I just own the place. I guess it is kinda like ownin' a bar full of regulars that keeps errbody else out now that you mention it.

2. muscall

muscall Elite Refuge Member

That bunch over there could use some education about being more sensitive. :l Maybe you could get Oprah to visit the site and help with this.

3. pin oak

pin oak Elite Refuge Member

After watching Wichita state again tonight, somebody is going to get a wonderful coach in Gregg Marshall, bet that

4. MGDUCK2

MGDUCK2 Elite Refuge Member

Dan, your analogy is perfect...:l....it has toned down some but i think that may be from lack of traffic....:l

5. MGDUCK2

what? U don't like little Nolan? :scratch:l

6. pin oak

Oh, i love Nolan. Especially after the presser. But would have been just fine with Gregg Marshall coming here as well. They are both great coaches, but aint nobody going to put butts in the seats like Nolan will:reader:no

7. MGDUCK2

like HE said....just win. win games....win the sec...win....butts automatically seated...:l

8. pin oak

I heard the season ticket reservation list is already filling up. :l.....

Get em while you can, b/c bud light arena is going to be jammin this year.

One good season this year, with them winning a game or two in the NCAA tourney, and that place will be like it was in the 90's guaranteed. Waiting lists just to get tickets for a game that is 3 weeks out. I miss those days. Students camping out a week before a big game.

9. Big Gumbo

Big Gumbo Elite Refuge Member

Date: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 10:44 PM

To:

Subject: Coach Anderson is Calling on You

10. Big Gumbo

Big Gumbo Elite Refuge Member

I want to correct one thing here, there was no public bidding process with Anderson. He contacted the UofA expressing his desire to come home, there was no "bidding" war, just a back and forth contract haggle but Mizzou never had a chance just the UofA working the deal and Long being given some sound advice from those that care. It was foregone conclusion 3 days before Anderson was announced that he was coming.

And poor Mizzou being used as pawns:

INDIANAPOLIS -- Purdue's sales pitch to Matt Painter was good enough.

After talking with Missouri about its coaching vacancy, Painter decided to stay at his alma mater Wednesday and has agreed to an eight-year contract through the 2018-19 season.

[+] EnlargeDennis Wierzbicki/US Presswire
    Matt Painter agreed to a new contract with Purdue on Wednesday after speaking to Missouri about its coaching job.
    "I am extremely excited about continuing my career at Purdue," Painter said in a statement. "I believe we have built something very special. At the same time, I feel we have much more ahead of us to accomplish. At the end of the day, my heart is at Purdue, and this is a place where I want to win a national championship."

Purdue officials spoke with Painter by telephone on Monday, then he met with Missouri officials on Tuesday while on vacation in Florida. The Tigers are hoping to fill a vacancy left open when Mike Anderson left for Arkansas after a similar public bidding battle just a week ago.

Painter and Missouri athletic director Mike Alden met Tuesday morning in Orlando, Fla., to discuss the Tigers' opening. Painter was offered the job but did not say either way at that time whether he'd take it, according to a report in the Kansas City Star.

The 40-year-old Painter has been selected the Big Ten's coach of the year three times and led the Boilermakers to Sweet 16 appearances in 2009 and 2010. Purdue (26-8) made it to the third round of this year's NCAA tournament but was knocked out by Final Four participant Virginia Commonwealth.

Last year, Purdue rewarded Painter with a contract through the 2016-17 season. It included a $1.3 million base salary and up to $1 million in incentives.

Terms of the new deal were not disclosed.