The Horror of Pumping Your Own Gas

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by hartfish, Jan 3, 2018.

1. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

I have to pump my own gas? Truly first world problems. We wonder why the world hates us...

2. hartfish

hartfish Elite Refuge Member

But not a change that would allow everyone the freedom to pump their own gas, no matter the location, the income of the gas station owner or the time of day? :scratch

3. Duck_Hunter_TX

Duck_Hunter_TX Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

I used to live in NJ and still visit each year. It never made sense to me. One of my college roommates was from NJ. We went to school in Pennsylvania. He had to wake up our other roommate to go down to the gas station so he could help him pump gas before he drove home for the weekend our freshman year. We still give him crap about that.

It inflates the price of gas to pay for the people hired to do it. There are some stations that don’t have attendants 24 hours, so you better be gassed up if you’re driving far late at night.

I’ve seen people complaining about this say it’s dangerous for people to pump their own gas, as if the vast majority of the country struggles with it and the minimum wage employees that pump gas in Oregon are getting a masters in petroleum sciences or something.

Sure, it creates jobs artificially by forcing businesses to hire people to do a job where there is no need for one. There is a reason service stations where people pumped gas, checked tires and washed windshields are no longer the norm.

The government forcing the creation of jobs should not be applauded.

4. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

I am truly saddened that there are grown adults that cannot figure out how to pump their own gas. That truly blows my mind.

BirdJ, take'm, tcc and 2 others like this.
  5. Vandy Grift

Vandy Grift Refuge Member

I remember when I first heard there were places where you weren't allowed to pump your own gas. I was blown away. Much like when I learned there were places where you couldn't hunt on Sundays. I thought someone was pulling my leg.

take'm and Duck_Hunter_TX like this.
  6. Rangerbob

Rangerbob Senior Refuge Member

Down here in the real world (Tx & Ok) it is almost impossible to find a full service station. Everyone pumps their on gas. Oh yeah right now our price is $2.13gal for unleaded

Duck_Hunter_TX likes this.
  7. Duck_Hunter_TX

Duck_Hunter_TX Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

I totally agree. What’s scarier to me, though, is that they can’t figure it out, even if they’ve never done it before. The screen tells what to do and when to do it, for crying out loud.

Saw one person say that pumping gas would expose people to vapors that would give everyone lung cancer.

Total lunacy. I didn’t have an opinion of Oregon before I saw this stuff today, but it’s not looking good (kidding).

8. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

Crazy lumberjacks.

9. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

I can just imagine it.....
    [​IMG]

take'm, Duck_Hunter_TX, Zane and 3 others like this.
  10. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

:clap :l