The Kansas weather made the birds a little extra special this year.

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by DEC, Apr 17, 2017.

1. DEC

DEC Elite Refuge Member

I am finally getting around to posting about opening week in Kansas this year. What a wild ride in terms of weather. Sideways rain, flooded fields, washed out roads, lightning, wind, and cold ... that pretty much was the week. Yet we managed to work around the weather and kill some birds.

The DSD guys came in town to hunt with us this year. Dave and Brad both filled both of their tags (one in a sideways rain with lightning bolts all around). I took Greg Hogan their production manager on a couple hunts and he managed to miss a few, but also put down a nice one with a 5 yard head shot.

Later in the week the weather finally broke and I did my hunting. I managed two nice birds in two day both at under 10 yards with head shots.

Here are a couple videos ... enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. soiltester

soiltester Elite Refuge Member

Great camera footage and would've liked to see Dave & buddy's kills also!!;)

I always carry a gallon ziplock to put the toms head in so my wife doesn't have to wash my coveralls all the time:grvn

Congrats on a great finish to a somewhat washed-out hunt :tu

3. DEC

DEC Elite Refuge Member

I am waiting on that footage to be sent to me. I left Kansas without getting the SD cards from the other camera guys. Dave's first kill on camera is excellent footage. Brad killed one in a sideways rain storm with lightning shooting through the sky. The camera work wasn't the best, but the beat down that tom put on the strutter decoy in that weather was epic. Once I get all of that footage from their hunts, I will put together a video.

4. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Great footage, and great shooting.

DEC likes this.
  5. Dan Mallia

Dan Mallia Elite Refuge Member

:tu :tu :tu

DEC likes this.
  6. Shot Caller

Shot Caller Senior Refuge Member

Great video's as always DEC

DEC likes this.