Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

The Missus' Cabin -

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by rtjrex & MollyAnn, Feb 14, 2014.

1. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    Afternoon Steven -
    I got to tell you, I reckon Im prissy... After the 3rd day of wearing fleece anything, that sucka getting washed or thrown out. I might have a short beard but I aint stinking. That's just ridiculous when there is water everywhere. And socks, you dang right they are getting changed daily. I aint getting no foot fungus of any kind.So to answer your question, yes sir - my stuff(not Stuff'..., well maybe Stuff' but I aint in charge of him or his) is getting washed regular. I aint one of them!

All of that other stuff(not Stuff' again....) I aint got no control of nor do I want any control of anything. My Missus' is enjoying every moment of it and good for her! I reckon my role is "Driving Miss Daisy" if the need comes up. Otherwise, I'll just keep carrying on in the background..

Me, Maggs, & Stuff'......

stevena198301 likes this.
  2. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Morning Gents -
    As they say in the biz, its a rap! The movie thing for us is over. At least for the "Soldiers Joy" anyways.. We got no idea what the future holds, but I hope its all good. The final shots for the movie were in a cave about an hour south of Nashville yesterday. After the southerners' shot up our cabin tryin to kill all the Yankees that stole the gold that we stole, the yanks escaped down thru the trap door that led into a cave to get away and they blew up the cabin with me & my bud in it! Then, the powers at be had to find a cave to finish the movie. They did and it was a bear to get to, and cold! somewhere in the middle of no where Tn south of Nashville bout' an hour was a hole in the ground.
    [​IMG]

It was about 100' down to the opening with about 50' having steps, the rest was kinda on your own...
    At least it was wet & icy.

[​IMG]

Then, we had to snake down through some dead-fall and in to the hole.

[​IMG]

3. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Once we got down in the cave, it was still cold. Ice everywhere. What is normally dripping spring water was now ice sickles. Anyway, the floor was pretty much clean of rocks except what was falling from the walls and ceiling because of the freezing. They set up the cameras and lighting and did what they did and they back up the climb to the road like rats out of a hole and glad of it!

[​IMG]

My Missus' with a couple of other ladies did their part 1st, then they shot a couple more before we left.

[​IMG]

The last part was the Yanks carrying the gold out thru the cave when the cabin blows and a fireball & dust(computer generated images or CGI in
    sho-biz language as they say) comes blowing through the cave! The end!

[​IMG]

What an experience the whole movie thing has been! The guy who was in charge of all of this movie stuff(not Stuff'...) told my Missus' and I that he is working on another and wants to use another part of our home in that one also. so, we'll see. That big rock in the front fell off the wall sometime last week I was told by the owner. He says it happens from time to time.. The main room of the cave was about 300' long. There was a old tank at the other end where the folks from years ago got their drinking water although I aint got no idea how they got it back up to the top.

4. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Morning All...

Well, its done and "in the can" as they say. Soldiers Joy was a neat thing to be a part of. And, being able to see your home in it was a blast. It lasted over 2 hrs and was well received by everyone in attendance. The theater was full to capacity, the red carpet was walked and interviews we made.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There were several folks in the movie industry that were there and a bunch of different people asking question about everything. I really hope it goes far for the guy who made. He deserves all the credit for his hard work putting everything together!
    They had said the it looks like it will go to Netflix and Red Box in the future.

For my wife and I, it was the experience of a lifetime and for our home to be a part of it was incredible.
    We were told there will be another one and they would like to use our home again as it will be 100 yrs later.
    They have already sent my wife the script for that one.

Who knew that building your wife a small cabin for her birthday would lead to all of this??

Me & Maggs...........

5. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Congrats Mr. Rex!

6. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Where is that movie house?

7. stevena198301

Mr Rex got his own IMDb page :clap :dv :

B892ECCC-3554-4806-AFED-3E0335775034.png

smashdn likes this.
  8. rtjrex & MollyAnn

9. stevena198301

Glad everything turned out well for y’all! I await its availability on Netflix. Let us know if you hear it’s been added. I wanna watch.

10. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Morning Gents -
    Well, we're back at it again! The movie, "Soldiers Joy" has been sold to "Lions Gate Films" sometime last week.
    The makers were VERY PLEASED!!! Course, now, no one has any idea what will become of it or when or where it will be seen.

The makers of that one have been working on a another film that has something to do with American Nazi's in 1945 right after the war is over. Defectors coming to the U.S. to hide in plain site. Anyways, it starts out in 1945 in Nashville then goes to present time. They came to us a couple months back & said they would like to use our office upstairs(as it looks like the 40's décor) and our new log cabin at the house. They are also going to do a thing in our drive. The are going to start shooting the trailer for the movie this month.
    My Missus' has got a part or two in it at the train station downtown and I got a thing in it here at our home.
    Here is my Missus' in her 1940's thing & me as American Nazi Thug fixin' to kill someone that just got to the states..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It must be something to it cause they got investors putting some bucks in it. So, here we go again.
    They asked about our time frame and are there any black out dates in the coming months. I told them I missed Tealbird season last year and I don't intend on missing it again this year for a movie. So yes. there will be a few dates that will be blacked out as they say.

It aint that we got a couple small parts but that our home is in another movie. That's the fun part for us.
    There is a dollar or two involved but not much.

Anyways, here we go again!

Me & Maggs..............