The Most Incompetent Airline?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by AvianQuest, Mar 6, 2018.

1. AvianQuest

AvianQuest Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

With all the crazy stuff United has done you would think they had the title of Most Incompetent Airline sewed up.

But then Delta surges ahead with a knee jerk reaction of discontinuing a discount for millions of NRA members.

No one joins the NRA to get a discount, and it turns out that only 13 passengers ever bothered to use the discount to buy tickets on Delta flights.

However this move was badly timed timed because the Georgia legislature was working on a $40 million tax break for the Atlanta based carrier. But after Delta's announcement against the NRA, the tax break was voted down.

I've got to wonder if this level of incompetence carries over to such important things as hiring new pilots? Will they reject former military pilots in favor of applicants who are more politically correct?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ra-dispute-costs-georgia-tax-break/388587002/

2. Duck_Hunter_TX

Duck_Hunter_TX Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

Every one I’ve ever flown tries to outdo the rest in being incompetent. Makes traveling for work miserable sometimes.

olepal, bullpinnie and creedsduckman like this.
  3. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

I was thinking the same thing, there are times I’d bet my bank account they are actively trying to be worse than the other one. Then they get outdone.

Duck_Hunter_TX likes this.
  4. hartfish

hartfish Elite Refuge Member

Politics aside, Delta is the least worst. United is the worst worst, IMO. American sucks, too, but I'm fortunate that I don't fly them too often.

stevena198301 likes this.
  5. prairie hunter

prairie hunter Elite Refuge Member

United is based out of the worst city and state. They have no chance at the onset.

6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Politics aside, you are correct. I am forced to use United when crossing the Pacific to some islands. It amazes me how often their planes break down between stops. Have had friends stuck on Majuro for days awaiting parts. They also tried some shady stuff in Hawaii when they had a dead plane, we got delayed for two days, and then they claimed the plane was fixed right before a tsunami came through, so since it was an act of god, they didn’t have to pay for our hotel bills. We threw a fit, and got it paid for.

buck_master_2001 likes this.
  7. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Delta is still the best to fly with and especially international.

I flew Malaysian airlines from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur weeks after that same flight was shot down in Ukraine. You want to talk about azz pucker?! THEN half way through the flight a burning smell filled the cabin. Terrible entertainment options and the food sucked. So did the seats. The gals were azz ugly too. Never ever ever again.

Quantas and Southwest have the hottest flight attendants.

8. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

De-Icer is usually what that smell is.

9. chuam

chuam Elite Refuge Member

Cathay Pacific and Singapore Air have the best flight attendants, hands down.

US airlines suck balls. I only fly them domestically. If going to the far east it's Singapore, JAL or Cathay.

10. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

I forgot about Singapore Air. Yes, they are great too!