Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

The new Idaho Forum parameters ? Vagueness

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by The Hajj, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikebig1

Mikebig1 Senior Refuge Member

the moderaters have a tough job.. I know I would not want to do it.. I agree with seal to the degree that I try hard not to pass judgement on someone, that I have not looked them in the eye. Got to meet them, shake their hand. got to know them, or meet their familys.. even better yet, go out on a few hunts with them.. that is the true barometer, that I have found on how a man handles himself on a hunt.. that is how I can tell what a person is all about... to try and judge someone strictly off the internet is not my style. during the time I have been on this forum I have met a handful of members personally. even gone so far as meeting up with them for some bird hunts.. I can vouch for them, I can safely say that I had a good time. Met some really outstanding and experienced members.. Made me into a better waterfowler, in so much as I volunteered for some fish and game maintenance projects.. I was so inspired by the people I met on this forum. But lately, like some of you have noticed, I do not feel inspired nor do I feel like I want to participate. I do not have the desire to leave this forum. I do enjoy some of (meatier) topics. I can chose to come here to this site or not.. and to care about it, or not.. But, I do come here and I do care, waterfowling has been a big part of my life.. I miss it, in the off season.... as for the all that bickering about who said what, and who has a pair or not. I say don't sweat it.. If your that bent out of shape about it, then you need to get out more often. get out of the computer chair, and throw a stick for your dog, or hug your kid, shoot some clay pigeons, whatever you need to do, go do it.. life is too short to pick fights on the internet..

2. seal

seal Elite Refuge Member

That has been done before. If memory serves me right...........IT WAS HELD AT 7'S HOUSE:l Oh there was another party at a pizza joint another time. Problem is; anyone that is shy of ruffling feathers doesnt come. They seem to only be interested in discussing their differences behind a keyboard. :confused: They always talk about how things are different face to face. All I really know; I am glad I went to 7's house and was able to get to know him a bit through the years. If I would have went just with our differences behind a keyboard.......well I would have been very misinformed.

3. seal

seal Elite Refuge Member

I must apologize for part of one of my posts. No one can be CERTAIN what is on a persons mind while they are posting. I have been here quite a while and have got to know quite a few guys personally enough to know their "personallity". While I know these personalites.......it doesnt mean I know what they are thinking 100% of the time. It is unfair for me to say that I know what thought process lies behind every post.

4. Mattcarlson7

Mattcarlson7 Senior Refuge Member

Yeah i hear you there...I cannot tell you how many times i have been in trouble with a woman because she read an email the wrong way! And when i first started on this site there was no way i would have thought either SSS or 7 were good people...but on one lucky friday I got to hunt with SSS, and now I am friends with him and another 5 or 6 people i wouldn't have met unless that happened...he isnt all that bad when you get him out from behind the keyboard and in person...and if another day came along when i was free I wouldnt turn 7 or anyone else down to go out and shoot some birds...unless of course i met them and figured out they were jerks after the first time!

5. Mikebig1

Mikebig1 Senior Refuge Member

best Idea yet. :scratch:tu..... I can bring the burger(meatsack)...cause I have a pair,:rolleyes:..... of burger packages that is.:l

6. Mattcarlson7

Mattcarlson7 Senior Refuge Member

:clap:clap:clap:clap

Bigger than most men to realize your error, and then some to admit it!

7. 7grnhds

7grnhds Banned

Seal-

I actually busted clays at the shop today. Funny you should mention that. Warren wasn't happy when I told him to make mine a 20 though. Have you shot it yet?

We can do a clay shoot at pickle butte again.... :l

8. seal

seal Elite Refuge Member

Careful..........you are gonna make poor Warren Stroke out with talk like that. Havent shot it yet........been trying to get out there.

9. mallard14

mallard14 Senior Refuge Member

You say you won't be part of that? Well you sure joined it so what is that called? Then rant about wanting it to be about me? NOOOOO! Just tired of the "in crowd". They submit a complaint...post gets deleted. We submit complaint....post stays and people rip on us! It a joke!

10. mallard14

mallard14 Senior Refuge Member

But you can break the rules and say people don't have a sack!

Great double standard. Just what everyone is talking about.:bow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.