The NRA's idea of recreation: assault rifles, bullets, silencers

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by newduk, Sep 13, 2017.

1. newduk

newduk Senior Refuge Member

The above was the title of an article in my local paper this morning. It was written by Dana Millbank of the Washing Post writers group. The article began by saying this about hunters: "They will load their automatic weapons with armor-piercing bullets, strap on silencers, head off to the picnic grounds on nearby public lakes - and start shooting". I kid you not, that is an exact quote from the article. He goes on to mention "pheasant hunting with tungsten tipped bullets". You can imagine the gist of the rest of the article. It's been awhile since I've read anything that made me want to slap someone senseless. This did. My question to the Fuge, what steps can be taken to prevent such drivel from being published, or has that ship already sailed? The mainstream media is becoming The National Enquirer more by the day.

widgeon likes this.
  2. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

3. newduk

4. newduk

Thanks Bang for the scotch recommendation, but I am not a huge fan of the Islay malts. I have found most of the ones I've tried to be a tad too "medicinal", read iodine, for my unrefined tastes. I lean more toward the Highland, Speyside malts. I do enjoy Oban, Balvenie Double Wood, Glenfiddich, and of course The Macallan. Cheers!!

OneShotBandit and 3inch3's like this.
  5. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Is that the same reporter that said he got PTSD from shooting an AR-15?

Read about what this guy had to say...

Read what the gun store owner is alleged to have said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/firing-ar-15-horrifying-dangerous-loud-article-1.2673201

Firing an AR-15 is horrifying, menacing and very very loud

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    newduk likes this.
  6. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Take Alex Jones as you will. At spot 2:31 is the reporters comment.

7. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Stop quoting it, stop linking it, just ignore the actual article. Every time it gets quoted, or linked, it moves up the 'Google Search' criteria.

WHUP ! Hen and API like this.
  8. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Good advice from NNVD. :tu

9. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

To be clear, I am not advocating ignoring the issue. But names, links, quotes, those move the article to the top of the search list.

Same reason some people here keep getting ads for snow plows.

WHUP ! Hen and API like this.
  10. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

"Loud" is relative to the environment. A short barrel AR15 is indeed loud (around 120db as I understand). Should someone wish to experience something even louder, I invite them to spend significant time on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier during combat operations (about 150db). On the other hand, the source of the noise is important. If the noise is an excited police dog barking in your ear, that noise plus the accompanying stress level would be considered menacing by most.