The NRA's idea of recreation: assault rifles, bullets, silencers

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by newduk, Sep 13, 2017.

1. yellowlab03

yellowlab03 Elite Refuge Member

Fire 12 rounds out of a Carl G. That crap will give you ptsd.

YL03

API likes this.
  2. takemrarely

takemrarely Elite Refuge Member

You can stop citing it, but I would certainly suggest a letter to the editor pointing out the specific sections where the writer made an *** of both himself and the newspaper by writing about something they know nothing about.

3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Write an article laying out how a manicure and bikini wax could give you way more PTSD than all the weapons you have ever fired, combined?

4. newduk

newduk Senior Refuge Member

5. newduk

I do plan on a letter to the editor, for all the good it will do. Our local paper is a liberal rag, the only reason I read it is to see if I'm in the obits. A "journalist" writing an article about a subject with witch he is unfamiliar is one thing. An article filled with outright lies is quite another. I have written the occasional letter to the editor over the years, but don't consider myself an "activist" by any stretch. It just makes me grind my teeth when I see such nonsense published, and feel powerless to stop it.

6. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

I find and my daughter finds firing a firearm quite relaxing. The smell of paper hulled shotshells we shoot every once in awhile is in fact quite intoxicating.

Someone perhaps should suggest to this "reporter" that he should write an article mocking Mohamed with pictures. Then when brave souls with guns come to save his fragile backside that'll help cure his PTSD.

7. 3inch3's

3inch3's Illinois Forum Moderator Moderator

Go find the actual state regs that prohibit those actions and put in your letter. As bad as I hate to say this, also add those regs that are in direct conflict to the online comments. Probably won't do much good but will have the factual information out there for those on the fence.... tungsten tipped bullets for pheasants, that's a new one on me....

newduk likes this.
  8. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

FACTS!!! You do realize he said it was a liberal rag...right?

9. newduk

Me too, makes you wonder what will be next. Maybe feather seeking bullets that explode on impact.

10. 3inch3's

3inch3's Illinois Forum Moderator Moderator

Had a long discussion with a non-gun owner that bought into the myths but after about an hour of answering the questions honestly with no fluff, they said that what the media is doing is nothing more than propaganda. Small win but a win none the less. Their only stance at the end, that I couldn't penetrate) was they think more scrutiny should be given to individuals buying guns as in training, licensing, and extensive background checks.