The problem with gay marriage

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Tuck31, Jun 17, 2010.

1. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

Haven't gotten a dog stoned since college...

2. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Maybe at least one was stoned. :l

Hmmmmm, I recall once in the Philippines... :dv

3. blinddog

blinddog Elite Refuge Member

TOD-

That's the slippery slope that gay marriage proponents refuse to acknowledge.

I have yet to hear their explanation that "equality" is only for people who want to marry same sex but not for individuals who want to marry a group or someone who wants to marry their daughter or ultimately non-human or inanimate objects...

Once you change the definition to suit one group the next group will be in line rallying to further tear down marriage and blur the lines between right and wrong.

4. Lowtide

Lowtide Elite Refuge Member

API, I don't know about dogs, but if you want to marry a dolphin you need to go to Israel:

Woman marries dolphin

5. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

Darn those blacks and what they started.

Two very simple concepts have been repeatedly mentioned.

Discriminatory restrictions placed on an entire group where only certain portion of the groups have it impact them due to their selection does not mean said restrictions are not discriminatory. Any comment otherwise cannot logically be defended.

Blinddog has acknowledged that discrimination based on race of spouse is discrimination though such based on gender of spouse is not. Apparently discriminatory restrictions placed on an entire group where only certain portions of the group (folks wanting to marry someone of a different race) have it impact them due to their spouse selections, is discriminatory........wait....:l:l

6. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

I once knew a woman who married a SEAL...:l

7. blinddog

Not true...the gay marriage issue only has to do with the definition of marriage and whether it discriminates or not - of which you still refuse to show how the definition of marriage gives one group a distinct reward that the other group does not get...gays don't get to marry same sex but straights do?

The issue is less about who can get married than what is marriage...

Too funny the way you distract from questions whose answers don't fit your agenda but flame away when someone doesn't answer your question - pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. :l:l:l

I would be interested to hear your take on group marriage or incest...

8. Lowtide

Lowtide Elite Refuge Member

She is changing the definition of marriage. Now the rest of us aren't as married as we were! I hope she doesn't expect any special rights or privileges.

Dang troublemakers. :l

9. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

Read the thread you're posting on for a change. It should help with a lot of things.;)

Andy, just think........he could even be black!

Or, as blinddog points out, gay and married to a woman.:l

Or, hold on to your corner of the fabric of America, a black, gay, seal......we just imploded.:eek:

10. blinddog

A college course grades on pass/fail basis with 80 being the break. The passing group chooses the amount of work they do and chooses how hard they study. The failing group chooses how much work they do and chooses how hard they study.

Do you think it is discriminatory for the teacher to not pass everyone? Of course not, the fact is that there is a requirement/standard that is equal for all participants regardless of their choice.