The Tax Plan

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by eel river, Sep 27, 2017.

1. eel river

eel river Elite Refuge Member

So far, so good. Haven't seen the projected revenue numbers and the resulting impact on debt, but it looks ok so far. And I'm impressed that the president indicated that he won't benefit from it. Big corporate tax cut and wonderful cut for the 1 per centers that is sure to stimulate the economy. o_O

2. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

What? No tax cuts for the bottom 47% of Federal Income tax filers who when they file their Federal Income tax returns get 100% of their Federal Income taxes back that they paid in?

That's not fair!

OneShotBandit likes this.
  3. eel river

Hey, they'll be taken care of by the ACA. :l:l:l You gotta be loving the initial tax plan design. Its all upside Pin.

4. hartfish

hartfish Elite Refuge Member

Allowing taxpayers, including rich taxpayers, to keep more of their own money is always a good thing. Frankly, I don't care if it stimulates the economy or not.

WHUP ! Hen likes this.
  5. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

6. eel river

7. Michael

Michael Elite Refuge Member

You both of course realize, that this "blueprint" is a starting point, still has a looong way to go before getting passed into law, of course that doesn't fit your narrative.

Personally, as a first draft, I am encouraged by it....

8. eel river

I'm fine if this plan gets passed! The impact to everyone is obviously different. That doesn't change the realities of what sectors of society feels the plan is good or bad for them. As for narrative, I personally don't care what they do in tax reform.

9. Michael

Michael Elite Refuge Member

I don't know enough about the plan to decide yet, depends on where the incomes fall in the different brackets, hoping I'll be in the 25% bracket rather than the 35% bracket....

I believe they will add a fourth bracket, probably back to the 39.5?.... the debate will come on which income deserves that. The Dems have sort of painted theirselves in a corner by saying nothing to benefit the wealthy, I just don't think that is fair or feasible....

I hope they keep most of the simplicities they are talking about, although I bet the death tax comes back... that mostly benefits the ultra wealthy, but I don't like it on principle...

I'm good with the 10% to 12% with the added basic deductions and child taxes( tbd) no the write off for those of us who are helping elderly parents....

We'll see where it ends up, I'll adjust accordingly.... I just hope they can somehow find a way to work together, that would be the biggest win for me.

As far as your narrative, you say it doesn't matter to you, yet you just cannot pass up the chance to say what idiots those who have voted in trump are... " not conservatives... they are gonna get hammered...".. that's your narrative and it gets boring

OneShotBandit likes this.
  10. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

If it doesn't eleminate deductions like EITC - or mortgage interest - the bottom 47% of all Federal Income tax filers will still get back 100% of the Federal Income taxes that they pay in throughout the year when they file their return be it 10% or 12%.

Michael likes this.