There is just something about these things

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Beau Slaton, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Beau Slaton

Beau Slaton Refuge Member

IMG_0109.PNG IMG_0111.JPG The older I get the more I have turned into a goose hunter and kind of getting away from the ducks. Something about chasing the Tar Bellies that really does it for me and it's starting to really heat up here. Anyone else agree?

2. jzee

jzee Elite Refuge Member

Wow, it's funny 3 hrs south of us they have them, been hunting geese 30 plus years and have only seen 1 during our season. That's one left on my list. Great hunt. The older I get the harder it is to remember what I hunted yesterday.

3. Beau Slaton

Yah we are pretty fortunate in California to have so many of them and our limit is 10 per person a day.

4. jzee

jzee Elite Refuge Member

10 per day is insane, we have dark geese everywhere and our limit is 2. 10 per day might make me chase them more.

5. Beau Slaton

Yah when you can go out with just 2 guys and kill 20 specks it makes it pretty easy for me to lean towards hunting them more then ducks. Plus they are my favorite bird to work. Calling them in to the spread is challenging but very rewarding

6. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

I may be on the rebound. Ran goose hunts for so long that I came to crave ducks, but now that I've hunted marsh where specks are a too rare treat for some years and gotten away from taking afternoon goose hunters, I find myself enjoying speck chances more and more. Had a pair come oh so right this morning to fuel the fire. But I'm not ready to swap my marsh duck blind for one in the rice with more specks just yet...

7. Beau Slaton

That feeling you got when there were two right above you is what I live for. I don't hunt rice though. This blind is in natural marsh with lots of mallards and I hunt corn fields a lot too