Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

They are at it again.

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by slacktide, Apr 1, 2017.

1. slacktide

slacktide Elite Refuge Member

at work or behind the wheel driving to work...
    I just got off the telephone with my State representative to discuss my displeasure with what they are proposing down in Annapolis.

First off, I am not a gun enthusiast, but as you know I am a hunter. I find it ridiculous that some urban representatives can push forward a law that will require us to register our hunting shotguns and to pay an annual registration fee for the privilege. ( so much for 2nd amendment rights)

Then I discussed their supposed proposed ban on trot lining crabs by recreational crabbers; seems that the watermen lobbyist have determined that the recreational catch is hurting their numbers (W T F?)

In addition, there is a proposed regulation hidden in a law regarding sanctuary cities that would require that all waterfowl hunters purchase a "sanctuary stamp" in addition to the Maryland Migratory Stamp to help fund programs for the sanctuaries created. The bills founder thought that waterfowl hunters would not notice what the $$ were going for.

2. Dirtybird420

Dirtybird420 Senior Refuge Member

Yea it's crazy I sent a email about the gun laws. I'm a commercial crabber an never heard about the trotlining law. The only thing I heard about is the guys down the bay arguing about the size limit which I do not agree with. They should just leave it how it is. The only thing I think they should do is make rec guys report there catches to. Only way they can really manage a resource if to have all the numbers. Same with rockfish. We check in deer n give numbers for our waterfowl kills when we buy a license I don't see why it's so hard for crabs n rockfish. And whoever came up with the stamp for sanctuary city's should be taken out front of courthouse n stoned. Who even thinks of that. I feel the people who think these laws up really need a hobby they got to much time on there hands.

3. joe117

joe117 Elite Refuge Member

4. Dirtybird420

Dirtybird420 Senior Refuge Member

Dang. You might b right but nothing would surprise me anymore.

5. slacktide

slacktide Elite Refuge Member

at work or behind the wheel driving to work...
    Spoil sport

6. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

This is a joke, right?

7. Trophyduck

Trophyduck Elite Refuge Member

Sanctuary stamps......in this state? Wouldn't surprise me. You may have just given some political schmuck an idea....be careful, and don't ever be surprised with what people can think up.