googletag.cmd.push(function() {googletag.defineSlot('/22715214/refuge_ros_atf_728x90', [728, 90], 'div-gpt-ad-1434482053797-0').addService(googletag.pubads()); googletag.pubads().enableSingleRequest(); googletag.enableServices(); });

North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Sponsors

They Should Be Coming

Discussion in 'North / South Carolina Flyway Forum' started by Bluedog, Dec 22, 2017.

1. The Mad Duck

The Mad Duck Elite Refuge Member

I was at Pocossin Lakes NWR at the Pungo unit,photographing this past weekend.. On Friday, I saw HUGE flocks of divers flying in the stratosphere. They were flying NW to SE and "appeared" to be migrating. There are the usual tons of Swans and Snow Geese there. I saw large amounts of Wood Ducks in the ditches around the impoundments. The impoundments and low spots were frozen,for the most part. The ditches have moving water,so they weren't freezing and the Woodies were thick. I saw close to 100 Woodies in just one ditch. After the temps we're going to have this week, I'm thinking big water is the place to be looking at.

2. landman

landman Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Scouted in one of my sweet spot areas in SE NC last night . Not sure if super moon affecting movements but should have seen many birds but saw 4. Interestingly enough I did see a flock of swans fly over. First time seeing them that far south.