Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Things I learned from Canada

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by golden boy, Oct 23, 2007.

1. golden boy

golden boy Elite Refuge Member

1. If you have committed a crime you aren't getting in Canada, 5 of us drove up and 3 got across.

2. No hunting on Sundays

3. Ducks are stupid and geese are still fairly smart.

4. Upland game birds are a Canada hidden secret.

5. Canadian women will sleep with you within 4 hours of meeting you.

6. Hunting 30 min after sunset is spectacular!!

7. More waste grain in Canada then most midwest farmers will ever haul to a grain elavator.

8. Farmers must work 22 hour days to get all their crops planted in the spring.

9. Hunting in Canada without a dog should be criminal offense.

10. You can see mulies, antelope, whitetails and shoot ducks, geese, huns in the same field.

Things I learned getting back in to the good Ole USA

Better register your gun with US customs before you go or you might not get it back into the USA

Don't try to sneak 3 slices of turkey you bought at the local store in KS back into the USA

Don't bring any stubble on your blinds back into the USA

Surely don't bring duck jerky back into the USA

Its more of a pain to get back into your own country and to leave it.

2. Fanatic

Fanatic Elite Refuge Member

The most important of them all is without a doubt # 5.... LOL!!

3. Ian

Ian Elite Refuge Member

Canada has 10 provinces and 3 territories, each one has their own set of laws, you can't make "Canada" generalizations, especially on a "Canadian" forum.

I know most of this is in jest, but maybe think about those you offend before you write it.

Ian

4. GunnerDog

GunnerDog Elite Refuge Member

Dang it!

I knew we were hunting in the wrong area!

5. havenhunter

havenhunter Elite Refuge Member

#5 cut that time in half if you are in New Brunswick. lol

6. sjemac

sjemac Moderator

Why would he? He was after all traveling with two convicted criminals. Foresight and the pondering of consequences of action do not seem to be traits of this guy's "crew".

7. canvasback13

canvasback13 Senior Refuge Member

Golden Boy-

What did they have on thier records? What did they do at that point? Did they have a car to drive home, all the way kansas?

8. golden boy

golden boy Elite Refuge Member

One guy had 2 DUI's and the other guy had $700 worth of theft. We left them in a small town and picked them up on the way home.

9. ALLSTAR 1

ALLSTAR 1 Elite Refuge Member

Check out the KS forum.. if you want. About 10% is fact 90% is stirring the pot. Actually heard he is a decent sort just has aberrant brain cells. :nutz

10. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

1. Check the tire pressure AND the lug nuts before you leave.

2. The farmers are some of the best people on the planet, even if they can't/wont allow permission.

3. No matter how hard you try, you can not tell or prepare someone for the number of birds you will see. You also can not convince them how good fresh Specks taste until the first meal.

4. Just because a town is listed on a map or road sign, do not expect gas, groceries, or even an open business. Some VERY small towns up there.

5. 60 miles can mean the difference of seeing 400,000 birds, 95% of which are specks, or 1.5 million birds, 95% of which are snows.

6. Just because there are birds, does not mean there will be Canada's. We identified 0 Canada geese up there, in our two areas.

7. Huns and sharpies are really quick in a 30 mph wind. Conversely, cranes flying into the wind are REALLY slow.

8. People up there will go out of their way to assist you, and are more forthcoming with information about birds than 7-11 clerks here are about where to find the soda machine.

9. Weather forecasts up there are no better than in the States. "Clear skies through Thursday." We wake up to rain on Thursday morning.

10. There is a reason why farmers hate outfitters, and why I will never pay an outfitter for a goose hunt. (Not all outfitters are jerks, there are some good ones, but those I have met up there are jerks with a capital J.