Think this year was rough on AR WMA's? Hang on.

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by Hugatree, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Hugatree

Hugatree Elite Refuge Member

If it's not spinners, it's shell limits.
    If it's not OOSERS, it's mud motors.
    If it's not bed bugs, it's pizz ants.
    Who cares what they do? They're gonna do what they're gonna do. Pursue the sliver linings. Let the sore heads be sore heads.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Which week in particular is goober week at BM, again? There's only one? :dv

3. Hugatree

How many dozens of teething rings, Desitin Ointment tubes, pampers and baby wipes did the AGFC go through at the Public meetings last night?

4. In Close

In Close Elite Refuge Member

As Far As I Can Get From Skybusters & Spinners & V
    About time to quit all together. I'm not spending the necessary time, effort, and money required just to hunt a couple of days per season. They say they're saving everything for future generations. Hard to introduce and get a young'in (next generation) interested if we can't go several times per season EVERY year. I'll hold off purchasing licenses and stamps until the natural water shows up.

Hugatree likes this.
  5. Hugatree

That's the deal. My 17 year old and his football buddies crave it. Their parents won't spend the time to take em to a gun range much less hunting. I take them with me and they think this madness we all complain about is the greatest thing since snapchat. The heck with it. I'm gonna hunt as long as I can. Where there is a will, there is a way. It's an inspiration watching these young men dialed in on something besides social media, rap and all the bad things they could be getting into. We aren't rich folks so we have to work for it. Sometimes that's the best way.

stevena198301 likes this.
  6. ArkieMan

ArkieMan Senior Refuge Member

My take (worth a pinch of goose $#/+), they can't control the water now. My brother coon hunts regularly down there year round. He says there is huntable water in behind Harley's and at Tipton's right now! It's the middle of March! When I asked the AGFC about it, they said we've gotten alot of rain blah blah blah. We haven't gotten that much rain. Brother says beavers dam crap up all through the early spring/summer holding water.

Why not solve this problem first? My theory? It's not about the trees! Anybody that's spoken to anyone @ AGFC knows how much they dispise BM. Not flooding Bayou Meto during any portion of duck season will effectively limit or stop the "Bayou Meto" problem!

Also a side note, what happens to private club's success rate in that area when BM floods? There's a well known "sportsman" with STRONG AGFC ties that has a club nearby.....

Hugatree likes this.
  7. Hugatree

8. Hugatree

I don't think it's Bayou Meto they despise. I think it's the turds with the the mental capacity of a 2 year old they despise.

9. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

I despise BM and I've never set foot on the place.