Thinking of adopting an Indian child?

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by API, Sep 24, 2013.

1. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Unfortunately I think it's in either CT or NY State, neither of which I care to spend much time in... but I guess I could send her up! :l

2. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

All kidding aside, yes you do....if possible.

Getting the credentials after the fact usually takes an act of God but I have known of incredibly diligent folks getting it done. Is there a living relative with a 'card'?

Note: All states/tribes are probably different and I know some tribal law differs regarding required percentage etc, but for many of the tribes around here, a drop is a drop....BUT, folks here also routinely stay up on their records and kids are recorded at birth as to their tribal ancestry.

After all, why not go to the tribal health facility for care, fill all formulary scripts there, and then head to a community pharmacy and use medicaid to fill the rest?

3. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

I rather doubt she has any living relatives, at least that she knows of, who have a card. If I remember right, her grandmother was 1/8 or 1/16th Iroquois, but she'd have to do some real digging to connect on that side of the family and I don't think she really cares. But who knows, she might change her mind when she finally finds out what ObamaCare is going to do to us... :doh

As for going to a tribal pharmacy or health care facility, it ain't gonna happen unless they move on from NY to Western SC, but thanks for the thought.

4. okie drake

Take that last part as a rant about what many do. I should've been more clear.

5. okie drake