This Months DU Mag...

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by Kimmie, Mar 5, 2003.

1. rockcreekretriever

rockcreekretriever Senior Refuge Member

Welcome Roxy ! Glad you are here,,,It is always nice to have another lady onboard !

And,,

Thanks PA for inviting her !

2. reeltime

reeltime Elite Refuge Member

Roxy, You have set the men of the duck huting world on fire. It was a shock, I think, for most guys to see such a beautiful woman who shares the passion that we all do. It's great that you have found all these other woman who share the same passion as you. I just have to wonder though, how many times we passed eachother to and from the island? I have hunted there my entire life and never thought it the place to look for such an intriguing person. Congratulations on the article and welcome to the refuge.

3. DuckCommandress

DuckCommandress Elite Refuge Member

ROXY, I'm glad you joined!

Ladies, we should all get together for a duck hunt like no other when the season comes back in. Have gun, will travel! Ha! I'm in NC, so I could pick everyone up on a cross country trip to hunt with ROXY.

It would be like nothing the guys could ever imagine!

4. Roxy

Roxy Refuge Member<br>DU Covergirl<br>March/April 2003

I think that's and AWESOME idea! Do you know that I've only hunting with a woman once before...there's none around here...sad but true. I will have to invite her though, she's a great lady, her name is Lindi and she's been hunting with her husband for years, in between working in the ER. :sp I have to say, I love hearing about all you amazing women out there hunting and being moms and working too...who says you can't do it all!

5. Daisyduck

Daisyduck Elite Refuge Member

Roxy!
    That would be a great idea to all hunt in Oregon!! ;) I told them we should have the women's hunt here! :D Now Oregon is a prime spot! LOL Thanks Roxy!
    ;)

~Danielle

6. Daisyduck

Daisyduck Elite Refuge Member

P.S. Come over to the Oregon forum too! We need another female there!:sp

7. DuckCommandress

DuckCommandress Elite Refuge Member

No joke, I love finding new places to hunt! I have a Suburban. Who wants to load up and head to Oregon next duck season?

Kimmie, you are near by... I know flying is quicker, but I can't bear the thought of checking guns and dogs.

8. bigducker

bigducker Elite Refuge Member

Roxy is definitely a good looking woman. I have only seen a dozen or so ladies in the field. It’s a nice refreshing change to see that more females are getting involved or have been given the chance to get involved. I would love to be able to get the girlfriend out but she keeps telling me “Its not happening”.

My next opportunity for getting to hunt with a female, is my girlfriends daughter. She is 6 and I’m not sure where to start, she (even at her age) is concerned that girls don’t do that. I’m a big hockey player and she show interest in playing hockey, but she thinks it’s for boys only. I've even taken her to a couple girls hockey games. How can I convince her is not just a “boy” thing?

I think her attitude comes from her dead beat dad… But that’s a whole other story for a different forum.

9. PJB3

PJB3 Elite Refuge Member

ROXY
    congrats and welcome to da fuge!
    Great article in DU mag, read it yesterday.

10. Roxy

Roxy Refuge Member<br>DU Covergirl<br>March/April 2003

Keep trying...don't give up on the girlfriend or daughter...don't pressure them though. Take the girlfriend shooting first, when it's nice out and tell her she can pretend the clay is oneone she doesn't like...and don't be the one to teach her, find someone else to do it (this is the biggest mistake that boyfriends make).:l With the little one, jut keep telling her that boys have more fun. If she has a competitive side like my niece did, I told her that she would be doing something that most little boys her age dont get to do...she thought that was cool. Of course she realized that the boys would think it's cool too...soon after getting involved she realized how much fun it was and it's not about competition but just playing in the rain and mud and hangin' out. Good luck!