This Months DU Mag...

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by Kimmie, Mar 5, 2003.

1. slbgood

slbgood Guest

Welcome Roxy!

It was with delight and surprise that I grabbed the new DU issue from the mailbox. Congratulations!

Your confidence is almost audible in the written pages; I enjoyed the article very much. Great example for women of all ages and stages in in "duckhuntingdom."

Maybe I'll jump in that SUV to Oregon........?

2. Wade Walling

Wade Walling Elite Refuge Member

I'm surprised Roxy wasn't banned from flocknockers for spamming the new DU mag...BWAHA:l

3. GWIREHAIR

GWIREHAIR Moderator

My neice who is a part time hunter (soon to be 12) was duck hunting with her dad and I. She was bored as the ducks weren't coming in yet and took a picture of her dad and his Setter waiting. Her grandmother entered it in a photo contest and it got published in a digital camera magazine. I'm not sure she will carry a gun anymore since she is famous in the family. But somebody has to take the pictures. GOOD LUCK AND KEEP IT FUN.
    GWIREHAIR

4. Roxy

Roxy Refuge Member<br>DU Covergirl<br>March/April 2003

I agree with keeping it fun...when my niece (10) gets a little bored she takes over my dads job of video taping, she's actually really good at fading and moving really careful. Congrats to your niece!:sp :D

5. fattire75

fattire75 Senior Refuge Member

I tried to get my wife to hunt or shoot but she does not want to so I just dropped it.

We snow shoe, X country ski, hike and MT.bike together, she will go fishing with me most of the time and just hang out and read on the boat or go for a hike with the dog. I actually have it great because she is starting to want to row more and more so she can get a work out while we float down stream.

I think you just have to priorities and plan really well. I don’t down hill ski that much anymore she does not like it and I gave up golf which I never did like anyway.

I hunt about 15 times a year and I think she enjoys it when I am out of her hair. When I leave for the weekend her mom usually comes down Watches the kids and she will go out with her girl friends. She actually cannot wait until Jack starts hunting so she can have the whole house to herself.

My wife will probably never hunt not a big deal if she did when would I ever get to be in charge.
    :l

How rude of me, I liked the article on all the ladies in DU and I remember the DU mag with the different carvers and history in different sections of the country. Way to go Roxy

One of my best friends wives is a big game and pheasant hunting machine.

This one time out in NE on a pheasant hunt we stopped for gas and we all went in with our orange vest, of course Beverly is deck out with her hair done and diamond earrings. This 15 year old girl behind the counter looks at her as says you hunt with these guys and Bev says hell no I just bring them to drive and clean the birds.

Bev is the only woman I know that can do her hair in two minutes in a two-man tent on a 5-day pack trip. I always kid her and say you can take a girl out of the south but you cannot take the southern hair out of the girl.

6. KYduckslayer

KYduckslayer Senior Refuge Member

been looking for a single female hnter to go with me and my daughter but none close some of you beautifull ladies need to move closer to me/ congrats roxy:sp