Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

This morning's deer hunting experience....

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by SAXIS ISLANDER, Nov 19, 2017.

1. SAXIS ISLANDER

SAXIS ISLANDER Elite Refuge Member

Took a kid deer hunting to day and he kilt his first one. Quite exciting. He helped field dress it and we were of to the butcher shop...On the return trip he said, "Mr. Marshall, there's a big buck on the side of the road." I thought he was talking about the road kill we'd just passed but then I saw it. A wide 9 wrapped up in a blue tarp with just the head sticking out. I whipped around and pulled up to the deer. It hadn't been there on our trip up just 30 minutes prior. There lay, on the side of the road, a freshly killed, field dressed, wide 9. It must have just fallen out of some poor soul's trailer or off the back of his truck. There was no tag. We chuckled on the way back to the butcher about he fella calling his wife and buddies to inform them about this good luck, only to return empty handed.....

www.clmarshallpublishing.com

GUNNERX2 likes this.
  2. Dirtybird420

Dirtybird420 Senior Refuge Member

3. lonelyduckhunter

lonelyduckhunter Chesapeake Forum Moderator Moderator

That really does suck. Posted this over at Maryland Whitetail I bet it wouldn't take long to find the hunter on that site. I would hate to lose a deer like that guy is probaly sick to his stomach.

4. SAXIS ISLANDER

Some dude is probably sick...but me and my new hunter are getting jerky, summer sausage, steaks, breakfast sausage, and steaks.....I'm pretty stoked...

Keith McGowan likes this.
  5. Dirtybird420

Dirtybird420 Senior Refuge Member

N good on u taking a kid hunting n congrats to him.

6. Farmer hunter gatherer

Farmer hunter gatherer Refuge Member

Last year the head of my first iowa buck fell off the back of my truck going down the road. Someone found it called dnr and turned it in to an officer. That officer then called me and drove 45 minutes to meet me and give the head hack to me. It had my tag on the antler. I can't imagine that happening here in Maryland but you can only hope.

7. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

How does a deer that weighs over a hundred pounds fall out of a truck?

8. SAXIS ISLANDER

Poor planning....that's all I can come up with..