Thoughts on the Carbon Element

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by DuckaholicGK, Mar 19, 2013.

1. DuckaholicGK

DuckaholicGK Senior Refuge Member

Anyone shoot the Carbon Element by Hoyt? Anyone have any thoughts on the bow? Is it worth the purchase? I am disabled and would like to get back into archery shooting again. I have a chance to purchase one of these bows. But I have been out of archery shooting for about 4 years now and a lot of things have changed in the archery equipment since I have been out. Thank you.
    Greg Kaysen

2. oakleaf

oakleaf Refuge Member

What year and cams? RKT, FUEL, etc? Its a light bow with considerable speed. What cams it has or the year is really needed for a considerable review.

3. DuckaholicGK

All I know is the bow was purchased last July. I have not gone to the guys house to look at the bow. We where talking possibly going to the range this weekend. I will look to see what the bow is equipped with. Is there one set up better than better than the other? If I remember correctly he said it was about 310fps on the chronograph. Thank you for giving things to look at. My mind is still on healing mode from my last surgery. Thanks again.
    Greg Kaysen

4. oakleaf

oakleaf Refuge Member

This is my opinion. I was employed as an archery tech for quite a few years so take it for what its worth. Personally I think anything Hoyt is phenomenal, not to say their products are better than anyone else's. Hoyt, Elite, Mathews, PSE, Bowtech and many others make fine bows that will kill deer. However, being a archery tech turns you into a bow nut. Kind of like mechanics with cars. You pick everything apart about a bow and analyze it. That being said the carbon element is a great jump into technology with the carbon riser. Pros are its light, strong, and solid. Not many cons with that design. Second, we will look at the roller guard. Not a fan of them myself ( I feel they induce torque on the cam system) but it is effective. If your not super anal about your setup not really going to notice a difference. Bowtech and PSE have the best system on the market as far a slides and rollerguards go. It allows the cables move back and inward reducing torque on the cams. Next, we will look at the cams. The fuel cams keep you honest. By that I mean they keep you pulling into the back wall and don't allow for much creep. This is a good thing. It allows you to use back tension like your suppose to to execute the shot. However, if your draw length and form is not dialed in they May feel " jumpy". RKT cams are a very smooth drawing cam. IMO one of the better cams they have made. Both cams have a solid back wall and serve different shooters well. Do not hesitate to shop around. Personally, I shoot an elite pure. If your looking for used, Elite has a lifetime transferable warranty. Hope this helps. I would give the Carbon Element a 9/10. Great bow. Just make sure it fits you.

5. DuckaholicGK

Your opinion is greatly appreciated. This why I posted this thread. I was an automotive tech for 23 years and now I teach people how to fix vehicles. My knowledge of archery equipment is just what I read in the magazines and a few things on the web. Getting your real world knowledge is awesome. Thank you very much. Wish I was able to get to your neck of the woods so we could sit down with cold beverage and BS.
    Greg Kaysen

6. NateB

NateB Senior Refuge Member

I have personally owned a Switchback XT, Elite GT500, Mathews Monster 6 and now have the Carbon Element with the fuel cams. It is the best shooting of the group, with the XT next. A friend of mine who shoots Sprial cams in his target bow says he does not like fuel cams as they are not smooth enough. I think he is crazy, "just pul the bow back man". I think they are very smooth, but maybe I am not enough of a bow eliteist. If you get to shoot it and it is in tune, you will love it. It is different from an Alum riser, but so light but yet still easy to shoot. I do not need a heavy stab on it.
    Good luck!!

7. deertoducks

deertoducks Senior Refuge Member

I love mine!!!!! Thing is nasty:dv