Three more Wisco longbeards down...

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by killin'dux, May 16, 2017.

1. killin'dux

killin'dux Refuge Member

Well we filled a few 4th season tags over the last couple days. On Saturday I was hunting with a friend who also had a 4th season tag and I decided to go back to the farm where I had killed my 3rd season tom. We had one fly down in the field we were set up in and after a few soft yelps and he couldn't take it and came running into the strutter decoy. This little 2 year old put a hurting on the pretty boy. I let my buddy shot his first turkey at ten yards.

Here is the video:

I filled my 4th season tag tonight using the fanning method. It was my first time trying it. I got a tom to run in and come nose to nose with the fan decoy. It was pretty intense and I almost screwed it up but made a good running shot. An hour later my buddy got his 4th season bird the same way. However he had to crawl a lot further than me but the spurs on his bird were worth it. Crazy day of turkey hunting to say the least. Videos will be posted soon. Thanks for reading/watching.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

spaightlabs, SB2MAG and stevena198301 like this.
  2. soiltester

soiltester Elite Refuge Member

Great goin' guys and that's showin' em', fer' messin' with yer' decoys :fp:l:tu

3. killin'dux

killin'dux Refuge Member

Here are the videos from the two birds a buddy and I shot using a flextone creeper decoy. These kills were about an hour apart. It was the first time either of us had tried turkey hunting this way. It was very intense and successful, but I don't really like the fact that someone, somewhere, maybe aiming at my face.
    Sorry for the shakiness in the second video....that was me.

Sneak #1:

Sneak #2: