Tillson next on the chopping block?

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by stump, Aug 28, 2017.

1. eel river

eel river Elite Refuge Member

I regret the aspect of making a mark at all. They were both a joke, those that really supported either of them are surely being shown as foolish and the really sad part of all this is Trump seems to love making his supporters look like pure fools.

2. eel river

eel river Elite Refuge Member

As for the aspect of Houston, there eventually will be an assessment of whether the city and state let development happen where an eventual flood would be expected to devastate the neighborhoods. This flooding issue has a bit of a history, certainly not to this extent, but the issue will get debated.

3. Michael

Michael Elite Refuge Member

4. hobbydog

hobbydog Elite Refuge Member

Good article. The debate will really intensify now. Just like Harvey having the perfect conditions dump 50 inches of rain the political climate has a perfect storm coming. Debt ceiling, tax reform, walls, unpopular president and even more unpopular congress. Apathy reigned for a long time but I think the country is half awake now. When the rest of the country loses infrastructure funding to pay for the lax policy/regulation, both local and nationally there will be reluctance to throw money at rebuilding. With so many without flood insurance there will be a lot of middle class out in the street. Washington may have to face the music. It will be interesting what all the fiscal conservatives in Washington, especially the TX delegation come up with. The budget agreement and tax reform were going to be an uphill battle. With water running down that hill it will be even more difficult.

Whether or not climate change had anything to do with the magnitude of the storm, I would expect a lot of sympathy from the rest of the world after we pulled out of the Paris agreement. Bad timing.