Tim Newbold's

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Action, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Action

Action Elite Refuge Member

Really looking to outfit my second trailer for my trips to Canada. I like the looks of the Tim Newbold decoy?s but can?t find any field pictures or close up?s. If anyone has hunted over these let me know your thoughts and if you have pictures that would be a bonus.

2. QuinnNadu

QuinnNadu Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

3. Action

Action Elite Refuge Member

I appreciate your post and like the looks but really want to see the pictures of ones distributed and used in a hunting situation.

4. jrode237

jrode237 Elite Refuge Member

I bought a box of 6 actives after season in the hopes of adding numbers and a different look to my spread if they were what I was looking for. Out of the box all but one had a paint issue ranging in size from small specks missing to one with nickel sized flakes missing. The other problem I encountered were the realmotion bases being not even close to lining up with the holes in the decoy......to the point getting them on the stakes was a PITA (in the house, let alone in the dark in the field). FWIW, the size on them was also just too small for my liking. They are the size of the oversize full body mallards that were discontinued. And I am by no means an Avery hater, just didn't care for these at all. I returned them for Avian X and was so happy with the out of the box product that I ordered another 18.

5. livtohunt1on1

livtohunt1on1 Senior Refuge Member

^ Well spoken

Very suprised at just how small they are. No major paint issues besides the usual avery out of the box paint issues.

Had bought 4 dozen...all are now sold

6. SDOutdoorsman

SDOutdoorsman Senior Refuge Member

I checked them out at Cabelas. They look good but are tiny. When I was looking at them I thought that their must have been a mistake and I was holding the new cacklers and not the lessers. I liked the size of the old lessers, but the new ones are just too small for me.

7. DMBgoosehunter13

DMBgoosehunter13 Elite Refuge Member

I got to see them for the first time. I have no need or use for them, but wow were they small. I couldn't understand paying the price they were charging for those small decoys.

8. Doubletap

Doubletap Elite Refuge Member

Saw some at a local Sportsmand Warehouse, they are very small, had a couple of spots on the side where paint was gone

9. waterfowlin101

waterfowlin101 Elite Refuge Member

I find it disheartening to see such a great artist's work be turned into a complete piece of crap decoy like this. His name is now associated with this Chinese made junk. I bet he is rollin over a bit on this one..... sad if you ask me.

10. Tealer

Tealer Senior Refuge Member

Easy, your making more then a few assumptions.

I am hoping last years batch was rushed and this year will be better. I like the poses a lot more then the DSD's I am currently running. I still have a few concerns about GHG goose decoys. I love the duck decoys.