Tim Newbold's

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Action, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Lujack

Lujack Elite Refuge Member

To Infinity and Beyond.

[​IMG]

2. Joe Hanson

Joe Hanson Elite Refuge Member

I think they were special when he was alive since they were ahead of their time but now there are a lot of good decoys out there

3. Tealer

Tealer Senior Refuge Member

Probably the best point in this thread.

4. Action

Action Elite Refuge Member

Joe,

IMHO Tim's decoys were unmatched and still are to this day. Not that other manufacturers (note I run DSD's) are not great quality but Infinities were truly hand carved with a lot of detail.

On another note I appreciate all who posted their firsthand experience with the Tim Newbold Avery's. I will be making some decisions based on you feedback.

5. Action

Action Elite Refuge Member

Lujack,

You have some of the craziest posts:tu

6. Joe Hanson

Joe Hanson Elite Refuge Member

Of course it was:dv seriously, I have hunted over originals and mixed in with Avery fully flocked and my custom painted FA's they aren't any different then anything else out there...the cacklers are so small that unless you had a big wad of them it is really pointless...guys kill those little birds with big spreads of G&H shells so I would say it isn't about realism as much as it is about numbers and location...

7. DRC

DRC Elite Refuge Member

My Father in law ordered some of these from Rogers for something like $214 a dozen free shipping.

At first glance the paint was not flaking but there was a couple decoys that had flocking over spray and a little paint overspray. The flocking is expected since its a one piece decoy and the paint over spray was unnoticeable at 10 feet.

For the price their not to bad of a deal. Not my first choice but if you were limited to walking in and wanted full bodies you could carry 2 dozen pretty easily in the 12 bags.

The poses are nice too but I don't think it will make a difference in the killing department.

8. baker aka goosenut

baker aka goosenut Elite Refuge Member

Ru kidding me after all these years of producing millions of decoys they havent figured out how to keep paint from falling off there dam decoys. I would say time to look for someone who is skilled in painting and not some lil chinese kids.

9. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

I think it has to do more with the quality of the paint and the system than the painter.

10. baker aka goosenut

baker aka goosenut Elite Refuge Member

I agree but after selling millions of dollars of these things you think they would have perfected it by now.