Tim Newbold's

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Action, Mar 5, 2013.

1. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

They are probably trying to keep the cost down on better paint just guessing. If they are selling millions of dollars of these things why would they change? With the price of decoys going up, I think you might see a few more guys repainting their own decoys down the line instead of buying new ones all the time. Just saying.

2. Jeff Killian

Jeff Killian Senior Refuge Member

3. not sponsred

not sponsred Senior Refuge Member

And the prep job and the type of plastic.

4. reeltime

reeltime Elite Refuge Member

Yep, if the surface can't be bonded to or is not properly prepared for paint, it doesn't matter what your using or who's using it.

5. Eric Strand

Eric Strand Elite Refuge Member

With regards to durability I ran a bunch of newbold lessers and the cacklers all season last year, single bagged each and every one of em and they are holding up great just like "custom" decoys....

6. HONKSRWORKN

HONKSRWORKN Elite Refuge Member

I just got 6 GHG Tim Newbold Cacklers and I must say I'm impressed with the little guys ... almost like a DSD ... Very high quality paint and much better overall quality than a GHG goose decoy .... :tu

7. goosie119

goosie119 Refuge Member

Any more reviews on how they're holding up? Rogers has the harvester packs on sale for $200 a dozen and I'm contemplating picking a couple dozen up

8. Wastinshells

Wastinshells Elite Refuge Member

Bought six. Paint was fine, loved the size. 1 base was completely broke off from the decoy, 2 others were so crooked you couldnt use them (or move them into position, less they break)

Not happy about it since I was planning on using them in slotted bags and walk in trips. Im betting that if I bought like 4 dozen and cherry picked the good ones down to 3 dozen and took the rest back that would be fine. But I shouldnt have to do that.

9. DeWayne Knight

DeWayne Knight Elite Refuge Member

I'm not sure where they came from, but I saw several of the Tim Newbold decoys in person and handled them in 2006, at the shop of someone formerly associated with Avery Outdoors.

10. NOLUCK

NOLUCK Senior Refuge Member

I like the ones I have. hunted them hard with no durability issues. I do mix them in with the older lesser and they make a good looking spread. I took allot of big Canadas over them. I will buy more in the future .