Tim Newbold's

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Action, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Big Moby

Big Moby Refuge Member

I have some. bases on many have busted and the paint was crap out of the box....

2. Excaliber

Excaliber Elite Refuge Member

Avery still hasn't figured out that the key to getting paint to stick to a plastic decoy is to completely get the mold release agent off of the decoy.:doh

3. bad dog

bad dog Senior Refuge Member

been buyin ghg decoys off craigs list and ebay.strippin them repaintin them and sellin customs.bad dog

4. riversledder

riversledder Elite Refuge Member

I have a few dozen of the newbold cacklers and lessers. The paint durability is not terrible, but not great either. I did some custom painting and airbrushing to them all and did more feather highlights. I coat all of them with Clear coat flat and bag them in plastic bags and 12 slots. After many hunts this season most did real well and have had few paint issues. I personally think the clear coating help a bunch. But thats just my opinion.

5. goosie119

goosie119 Refuge Member

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm gonna hold off and get something different. For another $50-$150 I can use my discounts and get either tanglefree, bigfoots or avian x.

6. Triple Oiler

Triple Oiler Senior Refuge Member

May want too check out DOA's. Have no experience with the others mentioned. Seen the misgivings of Avery products though. Really pleased with the DOA's.

7. reeltime

reeltime Elite Refuge Member

Because they look anything like a lesser? They barely pass for a honker .:flame

8. Triple Oiler

Triple Oiler Senior Refuge Member

Give it a rest flamer... Your right, the only decoy that looks like a goose is a DSD. I agree.:bow