Timber Hunts

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by blackdux, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Biggar2000

Biggar2000 Senior Refuge Member

Had to reopen it. Buddy I do hunt with every so often has a distant aunt in around Pine Bluff and his mom said she owns some land somewhere around where they duck hunt in Arkansas.
    He and his 17 year old son drove up last weekend to find this land. He said it is about 9-11 acres of hard ground around South Pine Bluff, way out in the boonies he said. No water no nothing.
    They went to Macks etc and he drove by 5 Oaks Duck Lodge I told him about it one time. His comment, its got a TENNIS COURT? He continued I don't understand. I said we will go to lunch one day and I will explain. THE TENNIS COURT messed him up.

2. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Aw mane. :doh

I transformed from a boy to a man during my formative teenage years hanging out in a duck camp near Holly Grove. This was nothing more than a 2 room cinder block building, one room had bunk beds for sleepin, the other room was a kitchen, dining room, and living room all in one. Some ratty furniture, a box TV and VCR (with a few old Duck Commander tapes laying around), a stove and fridge, and a long plywood dining table was all that was in there. It was affectionately referred to as the "block house." There was a fire pit in the front yard with some logs around it to sit on. I learned so much at that place, what I would do to be able to go back to 1990 and spend one more weekend there with my paw and the people who frequented it. Good times, good times.

jd6400, Sunklands and stevena198301 like this.
  3. CookMan

CookMan Elite Refuge Member

You got much bigger problems it sounds like in having to explain a tennis court. We had a swimming pool at camp.

4. Biggar2000

Biggar2000 Senior Refuge Member

I am in the office this morning trying to work on a Monday. Same friend called about the tennis court. He asked why does Five Oaks have a tennis court? You said it is the finest timber known to man. It is I said. I was on their website last night friend says, the don't have any rates. I said that's why they have a tennis court. He yelled at me on the phone and called me names and said I am buying him Chinese tomorrow and you better explain it he said and hung up. Same friend has a very nice doublewide on their duck hole and his son and mine went week before teal season and sprayed wasp nests, cleaned up his lovely doublewide for the season, and he did say I kid you not wouldn't be cool to have a big old above ground pool tied into the back deck. So I am going to use that tomorrow with my General Tso's Chicken.

5. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

One of the thing that I enjoy the most about duck hunting is that you can have Billionaires, and Hundred-aires sharing a blind, enjoying a solid hunt together.

I'm not sure if Dunk is a billionaire, but I do know duck hunting is his probably his biggest passion. Sure he has billionaire buddies, but he relies on his farmers, guides , and biologists who all share the same passion that we do.

6. TheDuckSlayer

Hundred-aire shucks, I feel good on days that I'm a twenty-aire.

jd6400 likes this.
  7. TheDuckSlayer

I got a little change in my pocket, going jing-a-ling-a-ling

8. whitecotton

whitecotton Elite Refuge Member

Here we go, "I never seen him do that before" "NOr That" "I don't know whats wrong with him today" "Must be the timber" "Its too cold for him" "his stand is not comfortable"

9. CookMan

CookMan Elite Refuge Member

You forgot throwing rock or limbs to mark the dead bird. "He's just not marking today, two many guns".

10. boscoyo

boscoyo Senior Refuge Member

Derk...heeeeeeeeeeeere