Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Time for Roll Call!

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by HaydenHunter, Sep 18, 2004.

1. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

It seems like every year a couple of weeks before the season people find their way back to this board and we pick up a few new guys. We also do a roll call to see who is out there. This year, I would especially like to invite the people who watch this board but have never registered or posted to do so. I'll start:

Hayden Hunter
    Just shy of 50 years old.
    Been hunting 10 years. I only hunt birds, both waterfowl and upland.
    I live in the North Idaho Panhandle.
    Married with two kids.
    I am in construction equipment sales.
    I hunt 35-40 days a year. I shoot a 12 ga. semi-auto with pump backup.
    My main hunting partners are grnwng, BigBand and sometiimes hoochbart and Blue Duck. We are equal opportunity waterfowlers; we enjoy bagging ducks AND geese.,
    I have 4 doz G&H mallard dekes and now some Greenhead Gear widgeon and teal blocks. I now own about 40 goose floaters. Put all of these dekes together with BB and grnwng's and we can throw out quite a spread if necessary.
    My major equipment upgrade for '04 is my 18' x 54 Gator Trax custom boat with 31 HP Vanguard MudBuddy Hyperdrive (soon upgrading to a 35) and blind. Looking forward to greatly expanding our hunting reach this year.
    I am also a Refuge Sponsor and one half of MudBuddy Northwest.
    I will hunt Idaho, Oregon and maybe Washington this year.
    Like Blue Duck, I am counting the days until our opener. :)

2. seal

seal Elite Refuge Member

Seal (Mark)

I am 34, married, and have 2 kids. I own a small concrete construction business. The first hunts I can remember are when I was about 5. I shot my first duck when I was 10. I shoot a Nova and an 11-87. I like to shoot Kent shells. Try to hunt atleast twice per week. I use to hunt big game and upland some but have went 100% to waterfowl hunting the past few years. Most of my hunting is done with Pinman and Goldeneye. I also have some childhood friends that I hunt with quite often. I was raised on puddle ducks and Canada geese. I was told that divers were trash ducks. Thanks to Pinman I have been converted. I would just soon hunt the divers as the puddle ducks now. I can be persuaded to hunt a hot field for geese but its few and far between. I find myself travelling for ducks more and more each year. I have 2 doz. GHG lifesize mallards, 2 doz. flambeau mallards, 1 doz. self painted widgeons, 2 doz. goose silos, 1 doz. shells, 3 FUD goose, and a couple dozen feather flex mallards. I havent decided if I am going to paint more widgeons up or just buy some GHG's.

3. Woodduck31

Woodduck31 Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

woodduck31 consists of Don (46), Caleb (16) and occasionally Josh (21). I (Don) am the primary poster in the family. I've been married to Connie for over 24 years now.

I'm originally from Dodge City, Kansas, but grew up in eastern Kansas. My wife and I have lived in Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Alaska, and now Idaho. Our favorite is by far Idaho, it's Alaska without the bugs.

I've been hunting for 38 years with a gun, tagging along a bit longer than that with my dad. Shot my first duck, a bluewinged teal at the age of 8 with a .410 bolt action. We didn't have a deer season when I was a kid, so we pretty much hunted ducks, quail, geese and prairie chicken. Duck hunting was the center of our hunting world. We hunted mostly public ground and did better than most, my dad is a very good caller and duck hunter.

I was a devoted bow hunter for 17 years prior to moving to Idaho, but have done very little bow hunting since moving here 13 years ago. I haven't hunted big game for several years now. Our primary focus is on waterfowl. We have a variety of decoys, but make our own diver decoys. We have in the neighborhood of 200 duck decoys, not sure, the wife just says too many.

I'm a wildlife artist and designer for a local wholesale gift company and am currently venturing into some new areas of wildlife art on my own. I have over 150 designs currently on the market for various companies.

4. dkhntin

dkhntin Senior Refuge Member

DK
    I am a Tile Contractor by trade and Waterfowler by heart.
    I am 47 and have two sons that hunt with me BOB and DYLAN and a son in law TREVOR. My daughter and wife Susan don't hunt but they understand the addiction.

I am a AKC Field Trial and Hunting Test Judge also. I just got my first Chessie. I have always been a Lab man but I love this little girl.

I also make duck and goose calls, they are called Coim Calls.

I have hunted ducks for acout 35 years now and it is just as exciting today as the first time.

I hunt from a 16' jet mostly on the Snake River

Oh ya my name is Paul

5. Peregrine

Peregrine Elite Refuge Member

I'm Paul, I live in Caldwell. 29 years old, married, no kids.

I like to hunt waterfowl, big game and upland birds. Mainly hunt the Snake River for waterfowl; hunt ducks and geese equally.

Self-employed in web design, custom software and photo services.

6. HuMMer

HuMMer Senior Refuge Member

HuMMer (Seth)

I am 20 years old been hunting waterfowl for about 4 years now. I have always been into an around firearms, just didn't get bit by the bug as early as others. I hunt mostly with Idahoan, Idaho Penguin, and Idahowizer. Looking forward to hunting with many more fugers this season.

I shoot a Mossberg 500, blow on a Carlson Championship VoloChoke, and ride around in a 1990 Dodge Dakoda pickup.

I was born in Boise and have lived in the same house my entire life, I am a college student attending BSU, my major is Construction Management.

I also enjoy long walks on the beach and baking sugar cookies.:nutz

Seth-

7. Jess Ducky

Jess Ducky Elite Refuge Member

:l :eek: :l

8. Jess Ducky

Jess Ducky Elite Refuge Member

Jess Ducky...but my friends (if I had any) would call me Steve.

I hunt birds only...have been in Idaho for about 4 years, but have been hunting for over 30 years, extremely happily married :yes and enjoy shooting a variety of guns...from my Browning 425 Sporting Clays, to my SBE.

I'm a very young ...less than 50, and really enjoy Crown Royal and Romeo y Julita Cigars.

I often hunt with Duncan, Bented Rib, Old Duck, and even "7" when he feels I'm worthy.:z

I am very involved with DU, as I have not found another organization worthy of my support.

I have had the pleasure :confused: of meeting several of the other 'fugers over the past couple of years.

Like Hummer...I too enjoy long walks on the beach and baking sugar cookies...;)

9. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Turn ons: long walks on the beach and baking sugar cookies...

Turn offs: Mean people.

:l :l :l

10. IFSteve

IFSteve Elite Refuge Member

Well unfortunately this year I have to say I AM 50. Happily married for 20 years and we have two boys. Love to hunt waterfowl (like geese but give me a duck shoot anyday) and upland birds although don't do much upland since I put my shorthair down.

Important Stats:
    - Black lab female and yellow male
    - Beretta 390 which I just had dipped in shadowgrass.
    - Outlaw ducker and hope to have a hypher drive next season
    - Main duck calls are an RNT original and and a SMM both acrylic
    - Trying to learn to blow a SMH but still rely on an Olt 800
    - More dekes than I need but still want more:nutz
    - GMC four door short box
    - Fish when duck season is closed (headed to Baja in Jan for a try at striped marlin and yellowfin tuna on a fly)
    - Oh and an engineer by trade (only cause I haven't won the lotto yet):dv

Steve