Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Time for Roll Call!

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by HaydenHunter, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Jess Ducky

Jess Ducky Elite Refuge Member

...move over Seal! There's a "new rabbit" in town!:l

2. 7grnhds

7grnhds Banned

Jess-
    Did you buy a new call????? Or have you learned to mouth call.....:dv :l

3. Jess Ducky

Jess Ducky Elite Refuge Member

...just you never mind!:nutz

Oh yeah...where's my innards?:z

4. Vickman

Vickman Senior Refuge Member

Real name is Mike, I lurk mostly on the site, too much to read and learn to post. Anyway, 49 and married for 22 yrs. with one daughter. I work nights and have the 3/4 day weekends to hunt but don't get too excited until Thanksgiving. I set up mostly for geese but duck hunt once in a while.
    EQ.
    870 wingmaster 12ga.
    2doz. higdon geese motion shells
    6 ghg full bodie geese
    10dz. homemade goose silos
    14 ft valco-15 hp johnson
    04 gmc sierra ex. cab with shell
    19 week old FCL
    I reload high speed steel 2 3/4" for all my hunting needs.

5. BULL WACKER

BULL WACKER Senior Refuge Member

MY REAL NAME IS DALE , I AM 35 SINGLE AND NO KIDS. I AM A MULTI-CRAFT MAINTENANCE PERSON WORKING FOR A PHARMACEUTICAL PACKEDGING COMPANY.I HAVE BEEN HUNTING FOR ABOUT 21 YEARS NOW AND TAGGING ALONG WITH MY DAD LONG BEFORE THAT. I HUNT DEER, ELK, TURKEY AND GAMEBIRDS, BUT MY MAIN INTEREST IS WATERFOWL.I HAVE 2 SPRINGERSPANIALS WHICH I JUST GOT THIS SUMMER. I MAINLY USE A BERRETTA PINTAIL BUT ALSO HAVE A BROWNING A-5 MAGNUM THAT I LIKE TO USE NOW AND THEN. I HAVE ABOUT 200 DUCK DECOYS AND 24 GOOSE DECOYS . I GOT THE CARVING BUG THIS WINTER AND STARTED MAKING SOME OF MY OWN DECOYS MOSTLY FOAMERS, BUT ALSO A FEW CEDER DECS. IT SEEEMS LIKE MOST OF WHAT I MAKE GETS GIVEN AWAY.MY FAVORITE CALL TO USE IS A CHEAP SURESHOT 650, BUT I OWN A FEW CUSTOM CALLS ALSO. AT THE MOMENT I HAVE NO BOAT SO MOST OF MY HUNTS ARE WALK INS. I MAINLY HUNT AROUND THE SANDPOINT AREA.

6. woodsboy

woodsboy Refuge Member

My name is Michael. I am 65, and have been hunting for about 40 years. Don't do much big game hunting anymore, but I do like to take a Whitetail every year. I am mostly an upland hunter with 2 Gordon Setters, but I have been doing more waterfowl than ever before. I hunt often with Perch Head. He has been very helpful with my waterfowl education. For Ducks and Geese I shoot a Browning Citori in 12 Ga. My newest piece of gear for this season is a Power Hunter from Avery. Looking forward to fooling some Geese this season.

Good hunting,

Michael

7. Golden Eye

Golden Eye Senior Refuge Member

I bet your duck kill ratio would improve if you shot the bow instead of the Beretta

You're probably right - i may have to bring it along......

8. seal

seal Elite Refuge Member

Kidding aside; I saw some TV programs where they were shooting ducks and pheasants with bows:eek: I also ran across a guide while surfing the net one night that offered bow hunts on ducks. I didnt know this was legal let alone possible. Maybe you and Pinman should give it a go so I can see it first hand:tu

9. Pinman

Pinman Elite Refuge Member

Seal, I saw a show where they were bow hunting birds also.. It look dang tough.. It would be fun to try but I like the smack that the old 12 gauge puts on those birds... I would think you would lose ALOT of arrows. We would have to train the dog to retreive arrows.. :l :D Or the birds that fly off with my arrow in them... Had that happen with grouse... Dang birds... :tu

10. seal

seal Elite Refuge Member

:l