Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Time for Roll Call!

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by HaydenHunter, Sep 18, 2004.

1. frostop1

frostop1 Refuge Member

"frostop" or Gary Frost.

I'm just under #0.:eek: ;)
    I've been hunting ducks for about the last few years, I have been primarily a deer and elk hunter.The duck hunting is just more fun!
    I've hunted with HaydenHunter and Grnwng a few times, good people!! Looking forward to getting out this year!

I've had a few shotguns, currently own Winchester SX2 and a Winchester Supreme O/U and my daughter is shooting my old 1100 20ga. Hoping to get her out some more this year. Gonna try the O/U this year. I've got a one year old black lab male that might get to go out this year.:nutz :dv

Mostly hunted up here in North Idaho, but wouldn't mind trying Moses Lake some day?:z

By the way anyone got Tuesdays off, I'm gonna have every other tuesday off and wouldn't mind hooking up with someone??? Have boat and dekes!!!

2. IdaHowitzer

IdaHowitzer Elite Refuge Member

A few days ago I had this nice long pretty post and then the computer messed it up right before I had to go to Coeur d' Alene.

Hey all
    My name is Philip Lewer
    I was born in MN
    I am 16 years old and I go to Centennial High

I have hunted one season and I am hooked. I just keep buying more and more stuff. I hunt with, my brothers Idahoan (who can't hit poo, although he's gotten TONS better) and Idaho Penguin (who posts less than I have and has been on the fuge 10 times as long) and a good friend of ours Hummer.

I am definately looking foreward to this season and killing some ducks in my new cozy non-neoprene waders and with some 3 1/2" shells because I hate ducks getting away (hummer remembers that possesed wigeon).

That's all for now folks
    Phil

3. allyn71

allyn71 New Member

Hi,

My name is Allyn Spanfellner.
    I live in Kuna, ID
    I am 31, married with 2 kids.
    I was raised in Ohio and began going along on duck hunts at a very early age out on Lake Erie. I moved to Idaho as soon as I was old enough to get out of Ohio. I hunt big game to feed my family, but birds are my passion. Especially ducks. I hunt mostly along the snake river in southwest Idaho, but usually travel all over the state at some point and end up with 60-70 days hunting birds in a season. I am a wildland firefighter as a profession which takes me away all summer but leaves all winter to hunt.
    I shoot a Benelli Nova, Drive a tan 3/4 ton ext. cab GMC truck usually towing a 18' alumacraft boat. Favorite decoys are Herters Ultimates and Restles. As well as GHG's. I don't keep up with the Refuge to much during the summer but will be around more now that fire season is winding down. Good luck to you all this season and maybe I will see a few of you out there.

4. Bird Buster (BB)

Bird Buster (BB) Senior Refuge Member

WOW some of you guys need to post more!

Anyways.......

My real name is Justin, I live in boise, 18 years old. This will be my second year waterfowl hunting. I love to wack birds above anything else. Thats pretty much it.

Justin Smith

5. junkie

junkie Refuge Member

Name: Scott Garrigus
    age 36
    Married, 4 kids 3 dogs but only 1 that might hunt.
    Born here, left here, came back here. Spent 10 yrs in the Army worked here in town For SCP, then got laid-off. Now I go to school at BSU (Electronics major)and work for the FS as a telecomm tech at NIFC.

I love duck hunting more than anything but find I hunt more big game to:
    1) Provide for the family
    2) Can't find a quiet place to kill ducks(Read less hunters)
    I have an 11-87 that Jeff at Sure-Cycle hooked up for me plus 3 870's in 12 and 2 in 20.
    Boat don't work real good but it can hold all 3 dz of my decoys.

Hey guys I did not know that the rabbit call was valued, YES I have been vindicated!! Cause my calling can get like that at times.

6. donell67

donell67 Senior Refuge Member

my name is brett. this is my 24th season. i love duck hunting/in otherwords i am obsessed . i have 2 camo novas. i shoot kent fast steel 3 1/2 2 3 4s for ducks and bbb for geese. i have a 19 foot lowe roughneck.3 doz geese decoys 6 doz ducks decoys.i have 2 labs one about to retire and the others first year. i live in nampa,but driving awaze so i can hunt tomorrow. everybody going tomorrow have a great hunt and great rest of the season

7. avid_outdoorsman

avid_outdoorsman Senior Refuge Member

My name is Mike.

I am 36 years old, married, have 2 young children, and no dog. Hope to get a dog someday...one of the versatile breeds....have actually been thinking about Deutch Drathaars for awhile now. I got a boat this year but it's not really a duck boat although we might give it a shot (it's a bass boat).

I have dabbled in all kinds of hunting...big and small game as well as birds. Recently, I have concentrated on birds. Nothing like a honker 5 yards in front of your face with landing gear down. It happened once and I was hooked.

I have been lurking on the site for a couple years now and don't post much even though I visit at least once a day. I guess I don't have much to say. I could also be accused as being an "Internet" hunter as I don't get out nearly as much as I'd like and therefore live through you guys and your hunts/ stories.

My family moved to the Treasure Valley last year from Pocatello so I am in the process of learning the area and finding places to hunt.

I have a fancy semi-auto shotgun and an expensive call or two as well, none which do me any good since I can't call or shoot worth a darn.

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Everyone have a safe and successful season. Hurry up and get those stories and pictures up. :)

~AO

8. BoiseRiverHunter

BoiseRiverHunter Senior Refuge Member

My Name is Michael:

I am 22 years old and new to the duck hunter's refuge. I don't have a dog YET but planning on getting one this spring, so I will be asking for help in selecting a breeder for a black lab around the Boise area.

I have been hunting waterfowl since I was 15 and started hunting geese about 5 years ago. I hunt mostly waterfowl but also get out and hunt upland game as well. Two years ago I picked up turkey and as soon as waterfowl ends I'm out looking for the big walking birds.

I spend much of the season hunting geese just because duck hunting gets hard where I hunt. Some of you might know where I'm talking about as you are heading into Parma about a mile before you hit the overpass while on highway 20/26 I have to deal with the land owner that has a duck preserve on his place. I hope to change that this year though because one of my cousins has just got his hunting license so I hope to pass on some knowledge.

I use a semi-auto with Kent fast steel #2 for ducks, and Hevi-shot for geese I know it cost a lot but it does work. I use RNT duck calls and have GK little giant for goose.

I hope to meet some of you and maybe even hunt with a few. Have a great season and bring them into range. :tu

9. seal

seal Elite Refuge Member

Is that the Casey place?? If so; its not a true refuge. My insider information tells me that that place was bought to hunt but the guys just dont get out too much. Let me know if that is the Casey place:tu

10. BoiseRiverHunter

BoiseRiverHunter Senior Refuge Member

I don't quit know who the original owner was but it is now ObendorfÂ’s place. I hunt on the place that has the feedlot on it across the tracks as you are going into Parma from Boise. And yes ObendorfÂ’s place is not quit a refuge but there are a lot of ducks there and I do see them hunt but I don't hear a lot of shots over the season. It is fun when I do hear them hunting to pull geese away from them though. Having three flags and one on a 9ft pole seems to do the trick:D