Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Time for Roll Call!

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by HaydenHunter, Sep 18, 2004.

1. ugly BPS

ugly BPS Senior Refuge Member

It's been 11 months since I logged in. I got hooked on this site back in Dec. of 2002 for about 9 months, bought a sandwich shop last Oct and haven't had anytime free time since.

My name is Jay. 21 years here in Nampa. Wife of 27 years, four kids. Use to hunt 25-30 days a season. I shoot a 12 gauge BPS, own a jet sled that hasn't seen any water since Septembr 2003. My 8 year old yellow lab, Hank, is ticked off and wondering what has happened. Hope to hunt this season. Problem is I make bread every morning but Sundays. Maybe I best start figuring out how to evening hunt.

Good to see so many old names and find out you boys still know how to fling the fun at each other.

2. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Good to see you back, BPS.

3. Mikebig1

Mikebig1 Senior Refuge Member

guess I better give notice here also, since jay checked in. Nice to see your still alive jay. Had the pleasure of sharing a blind with that guy (jay) that was a good time. My name is Mike H. I used to live in boise, idaho but unfortunately not living there anymore I moved to portland ore. Had a job offer I could not refuse. Makin' serious cake here. working for a national company. Busy 7 days a week not much time for chasing ducks like I used to do in idaho. Although I still check in on you guys in idaho (someone has to) I still have the faith to do some serious huntin. I have done some home work here in oregon. I am not far from sauvie island which has some public hunting, (has some complicated regulations though. there is also ridgefield wildlife refuge on the washington side that looks real promising also. Looks like I will have to get a boat to hunt that successfully. All in good time, I got my eyes open for a good duck boat in the near future. I have all the other goodies 12 bigfoot goose floaters, about 100 duck decoys I shoot a bazooka for ducks and geese bps 10 ga. the 870 wingmaster 12 I use only for target shooting now. Its cheaper to shoot!!! than the ten. Hope you get some time off jay to do some huntin I got to beg borrow or steal to get any time to do my bird hunting...... Mikebig1

4. seal

seal Elite Refuge Member

BPS- Isnt the self employment gig great. We get to work whenever we want and no tells us what to do. Just hire up help to do it and we sit to watch the money roll in:rolleyes: It has its perks but surely isnt what everyone envisions:z Good luck in your shop and finding some time to hunt.:)

BRH- Must be a different place. I was over in Emmett the other day and ran across what looks like a private Refuge.. Not so sure thats what it is but it sure looked that way.

Mike- Take some of that serious cake and spend it on a duck club.......everyone else over there does;) Good luck :tu

5. Woodduck31

Woodduck31 Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

that's right seal, self employment gives us so much greater opportunity to hunt than anyone else.;) When I have the time, it means I don't have the money, when I have the money, it means I don't have the time. Probably the most troubling is there isn't anyone to hunt with except on the weekends. This year I've got a few more options, a friend that is retired and Josh has fridays off so I can get out without the crowds. It's just going to be tough on Caleb with school. When the duck hunting is good, I think he may be too sick for school. I figure he will be sick about 9 times this semester.;)

6. woodsboy

woodsboy Refuge Member

Woodduck, couldn't have said it better myself. Being self employed has its own problems but, on the whole, I'd rather work for me. I'm a pretty easy boss.
    Good hunting,

Michael

7. Mikebig1

Mikebig1 Senior Refuge Member

Thanks seal, would have been good to get with you for some of that fine idaho duck and goose huntin I got spoiled there for awhile huntin with some good people who formed a common bond and enjoy each other's company sharing good hunts and the comaraderie that goes with it I will miss it. But I won't forget it for a long while. Now I got to get back to my roots and go back to scoutin' and checking for more good spots in a new area. It might take a few seasons to get dialed in again but that is what makes it worth it , I like the chasing down new spots to hunt and form new bonds with other bird hunters I have not yet met. I will post from time to time to let you know how I am doing. Mike big 1 in portland (formerly from idaho)

8. Hookman49

Hookman49 New Member

Deleted wrong post, sorry