Virginia Flyway Forum Sponsors

Time is flying by...

Discussion in 'Virginia Flyway Forum' started by Little Ruddy, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Little Ruddy

Little Ruddy Elite Refuge Member

Good thing about redheads as well as cans is that they are stupid and will decoy to most anything, and if you shoot into them and don't kill them all...just burr call them back Into the decoys and kill the whole flock. Pretty ducks!

2. Little Ruddy

Another year has passed. Doesn't seem like a year though. We have all gotten older...and smarter I hope! Time is flying by like it allways has. Everyone enjoy the Summer cause each day that passes is a day closer to duck season!

3. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

After July 4th....its all down hill boys. Better start buying your shells at summer sale prices, patching them waders, snow shoveling those rusty hulls out of the green boat, flocking those decoys and pulling black buggers out of your nose.

4. Little Ruddy

Pebble has been pushed and is starting to move at a snails pace down the hill, every day it will creep along gaining a little more as it goes...time to get all the licenses, paper work, leases and gun shells, August will fly by...then it's Game On! Been a quick Summer, be glad to see cooler weather!

5. Valleyhonker

Valleyhonker Refuge Member

The summer has felt quick as well, we’ve never got a long stretch of hot and dry out here to make it feel like summer. Wet and 80 for the last 6 weeks it seems like. But there’s still August to go. One thing is for sure, the corn around will be ready for picking early, opening up a few more possibilities in Sept. Aiming to pick up the stamps today as well.

6. Tailfeathers

I'm getting more and more esscited. Today marks the first week of August has passed. 3 more weeks and it's Res Goose and Dove. WoooHooo

7. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

I have several large boxes arriving today, hopefully before my wife gets home from work. The deal was just too good to pass up

Left to do:
    Rig a few decoys (after I typed this I started doing the math, it is more than a few)
    Fiberglass/re-enforce the marsh rat
    Waiting for permission on a resident goose hunt (guy told me they have a "goose problem" on a private lake and the owner wants them "eradicated")​

8. Tailfeathers

Does he have a Kings Grant for the bottom of the lake?:joker