Time to upgrade my rest and sites

Discussion in 'Bow Hunting Forum' started by dillas23, Jul 6, 2012.

1. dillas23

dillas23 Banned

I am looking to upgrade my rest and site on my bow. I currently have a hostage rest, but I am looking for a drop away. Any suggestions? I want to stay at $100 or less for each. I hunt, no competetions so I do not need anything high end. I'm just not there yet!I want a 5-pin sight. So fire away!

2. USMC

USMC Elite Refuge Member

At that price point for a drop away there is the Rip Cord or QAD. Now for the sight I like HHA, go to Archery Talk and there are going to be a million and one responses! I like the single post sight since I can adjust in seconds to the range at hand... But if your dead set on a multi pin check the Spot Hog, they are easy to adjust and durable. Go shoot some 3D you just bring your hunting outfit and let it rip!!! There are several ranges close to you and you can go into the novice class.:tu

3. widgeon

widgeon Elite Refuge Member

4. cococreek

cococreek Senior Refuge Member

you'll get alot of responses

I've tried several fall aways and have had the best luck out of QAD's

You'll have a hard time beating the five pin Spott Hogg, my wife and s-i-l love theirs

5. quackadikt

quackadikt Elite Refuge Member

Black Gold sights are a much better deal than SH's IMO. The Black Gold Rush will be right around 100 bucks or a little more. They have a lifetime warranty, so if ANYTHING ever goes wrong, they'll take good care of you. I love QAD rests, and I shoot one, but be careful with the Hunter model. It doesn't have their brake system in it and you might have a bounce back problem with them. Trophy Taker makes a nice inexpensive drop away. I like the Shakey Hunter. It runs about $85-$90. No bounce back problems with them.

6. quackadikt

quackadikt Elite Refuge Member

PS- stay away from the Trophy Ridge Revolution. Went to put one on a customers bow yesterday and had 2 that wouldn't work straight out of the package.

7. Mudhole

Mudhole Senior Refuge Member

I aslo use a QAD, the HDX is thier top of the line model. For sights, I prefer a single pin adjustable, ALOT cleaner sight picture, I have a HHA 5519 on my Answer, but the Tru Glo Range Rover is a good slider as well, saw one at Acandemy marked down from 80 to like 39 bucks!!

8. Finlander

Finlander Senior Refuge Member

QAD is the way to go!:tu

9. Dan Mallia

Dan Mallia Elite Refuge Member

Rip Cord :tu

10. Dobbs Swamp

Dobbs Swamp New Member

Shooting a ripcord now, but would also recommend trophy taker rests