Tires

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by kbleger, Aug 5, 2016.

1. the_dude

the_dude Elite Refuge Member

I run Firestone Destination AT's on my trucks. I've had good luck with them. They are inexpensive and ride well on the highway and I do get my truck off the beaten path a bit and have never had issues. I usually only get about 65-70K per set though. But for the price, I still think they are worth it. Here is my latest set in camo sidewall. IMG_2170.JPG IMG_2171.JPG

2. huntinjunkie

huntinjunkie Senior Refuge Member

Hey I like those Trail Hogs. And cheap.

3. kbleger

kbleger New Member

Thanks everyone!

4. 180proof

180proof New Member

I love'em, bout to get another set, going up two sizes.

5. qwk-qwk-b00m

qwk-qwk-b00m Elite Refuge Member

Toyo Open Country AT working for me. Good traction, wear, and best of all quiet!

Screenshot_20160903-114616.png

6. Trophyduck

Trophyduck Elite Refuge Member

Cooper Discoverer AT3
    Not real happy with wear.......Must be rotated every couple months as they cup real quick......traction is good though. Won't buy again.....wearing way to fast

After all the research and great reviews I got, I never heard what I am experiencing (no I don't need an alignment). Not happy

Duckfiend likes this.
  7. SutterduckHunter

SutterduckHunter Elite Refuge Member

I had the same problems with my Coopers. Looking for new tread now.

8. smashdn

smashdn Elite Refuge Member

Despite getting a discount on Toyo's I run Hercules Terra Trac II's on my hunting rig and Hercules Cross V's on my dd truck.

9. Chris Daniels

Chris Daniels Refuge Member

Hankook ATM for me, have friends that run the Kelly Safari TSR's with good luck, probably one of the most aggressive all terrains you can buy.

10. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

I have run just about every AT tire out there on various trucks and suv's and for have run BFG MT's on my 1 ton 4x4 truck for years. I tried some of the goodyear duratrac 10 ply tires a while back and have put several sets on my vehicles and have been very impressed with the traction. a good medium between an AT and MT and they have yet to get me stuck and have done great in heavy rains and snow. the 10 ply tires have a bit more tread than the lessor ply tires and for the most part I haven't seen a difference in ride for the suv's that don't require the 10 ply rating. My excursion is very heavy and I found myself sinking and slipping often getting out of soft spots that I didn't plan on getting into. Now with the duratracs it just takes off. They will get noisy when they ware and especially if you don't rotate them regularly as you should with any tire especially those with aggressive tread.