tires

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by labguy, Dec 27, 2013.

1. labguy

labguy Refuge Member

Need advise on good tires for a 2012 2500 diesel gmc. Good traction,quiet,good mileage?????

2. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

3. NeLab1

NeLab1 Moderator Moderator

just out a set of BF Goodrich at's on my F250 and I am kind of liking the quite ride that I get now still plenty of traction to get around. they handle the snow and mud well and clean out pretty good.

they replaced a set of BFG MT's old style

4. labguy

labguy Refuge Member

how about duratrac tread life???

5. HEWHOHUNTS

HEWHOHUNTS Senior Refuge Member

My last set of tires were BFG M/T and got 37k miles out of them, Didnt think I'd need another set of heavy mud tires this time, so I went with a set of Cooper AT 3's. Much quieter and softer ride and look like they will handle well off-road. 2 of my friends recommended these and couldn't beat the price.
    They are on a 3/4 ton dodge diesel.

6. JDK

JDK Moderator Moderator Flyway Manager

I have had bad luck with bf goodrich A/T's the tread get's very hard after a while and tears off the tire and only after 18,000 miles, I switched to Firestone A/T destination's and now have 20,000 miles on them tread is holding up great from on and off road use and I have to say I am very impressed with them and a very quite smooth ride as well.

7. BPS slayer

BPS slayer Elite Refuge Member

I just put a set of Toyo Open Country AT2 in LT285/65/18 on my 2011 1500 Silverado. Like the guys above I have used the Cooper ATR/AT3 and liked them, but I wanted something a little more aggressive with more sidewall protection (I hunt a lot of bushhogged fields with little stumps that I worry about puncturing a tire.). http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/open-country-at-ii-on-off-road-all-terrain-tires
    Like I said, I have only had them on a couple of weeks but I am liking them so far and they supposedly have great treadlife if you look at comments on silveradosierra.com.
    Also look for good deals on websites like www.treaddepot.com and www.tirebuyer.com. I had mine shipped free and no taxes, so I saved some cash.