Big Game Hunting Forum Sponsors

$$$$ To Conservation Officer

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting Forum' started by AIRBORNE6869, Nov 27, 2017.

1. AIRBORNE6869

AIRBORNE6869 Refuge Member

My Son and I have been Deer hunting on an out of state property for several years. Now however that property is no longer available to us. So I am in the process of contacting several out of state game management officers, requesting information. I realize their time, effort, knowledge of their area is of value. Would it be improper to enclose in my letter of request a $10. bill for their time, effort, any maps or other printed material they may enclose in the SASE?

AIRBORNE

2. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Probably, yes.
    I would instead include E-mail and phone numbers, and ask that if there are any costs related to your requests, you would certainly make arrangements to cover them.

Vahunter likes this.
  3. Rice Hunter

Rice Hunter Senior Refuge Member

I wouldn't hesitate. They can throw it away if they see it as improper. You aren't breaking any law.

4. theduckguru

theduckguru Elite Refuge Member

Yes, their agency policy would prohibit the officer from accepting your gratuity.

stevena198301 likes this.
  5. AIRBORNE6869

I am still on the fence on this and still have a little time to ponder.
    Thanks for the input.

AIRBORNE

6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Government officials are not allowed to accept money. You also cannot offer them lunch on you (this has a dollar limit), let them ride in your vehicle, etc, etc, etc. They can get in trouble for accepting it. They can however, sit around a fire and drink a beer with you when they are off work. When I go on travel, my gov't lead isn't even allowed to ride in my rental car he (his division) is paying for.

7. AIRBORNE6869

Every body seems pretty negative on this, so maybe I'll do some rethinking on this.
    AIRBORNE