To Duk Nut, Mean Gene...and all of us

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by DuckFan, Dec 28, 2003.

1. DuckFan

DuckFan Elite Refuge Member

I decided not to respond to any of the 'posts' that have been the cause of so much negative discussion.......but, I did want to respond to Duk Nut and Mean Gene’s posts about leaving the forum and CWA……

Although I have never met either of you, I have read about all the wonderful things you both have done - for CWA and in essence for the sport of water fowling. It is unfortunate that so many good hunters here have been turned off by some of the postings...and by some of those making the posts. But, it would be even more unfortunate if dedicated people like you decided to turn away from organizations such as CWA or from this forum.

CWA and this forum are made up of thousands of individuals...and we all know that in every walk of life, there are going to be those with 'opinions' that we agree with and those in which we can find no common ground (or are completely disgusted with).

However, CWA (and others) share the ultimate goal that we as duck hunters must defend. We must defend our heritage above all else...and to those that want to cause conflict...or un-intentionally do so - we must look beyond those issues and realize that our future in this sport we love will be forever diminished if we allow anyone (or anything) to get in the way of what we hold as sacred as we hold water fowling. And, this forum is a perfect place for those who duck hunt to share their knowledge and to disseminate needed information about the events surrounding our sport.

So, I hope that Duk Nut and Mean Gene and all others that may be upset with some of the 'conversations' we have seen recently on the forum will come to realize that we all need to continue to do our part to sustain our hunting traditions...and not allow anything to get in the way of our mutual goals.

Please stay with us and help us all continue to improve …

2. Tom Phillips*

Tom Phillips* Elite Refuge Member

Duckfan,

That was a kind and thoughtful post, and I appreciate it.

I was just at a West Point function for a family member yesterday and I am reminded of the Honor Code:

"We will not lie, cheat or steal, or tolerate among us any who do."

I think those are good words to live by. I try to do so.

Tom*

3. CAwtrfwlhntr

CAwtrfwlhntr Elite Refuge Member

Well said Duck Fan!

4. DuckFan

Tom *:

West Point....... congrats to that family member!

5. duk nut

duk nut Elite Refuge Member

I do not intend to leave the forums of the Refuge and will continue to post both here, and the other forums. I still have to get even with Mean Gene, Spec, Kevin, Widgeonwacker, and a host of others who pick on this "Poor Old Man" and will not leave me alone while I am trying to either wake up or go to sleep (time difference!) :D :l :nutz

I have made the decision not to continue to donate to CWA any longer due to the reasons I stated in my earlier thread.

Please, by NO MEANS take that thread to imply that I hold any grudges against anyone who I talk to, PM, harrass, poke fun at, and just plain become a pain in the a-- with. :D

I have been around this place entirely to long to leave now. (unlike some people who wish I would get off their a-- sometimes):D

Anywho, will remain to give all the "West Coasters" a run for it...

duk nut

6. Tim P

Tim P Senior Refuge Member

Hey Duckfan!
    Nice post. I tried to post a pm guess that doesn't work.:(
    Was thinking about contacting you earlier in the season as I had #23 for Sac. Unfortunately it was on a hunt day when I was out of state. Hows the season been treating you?

Tim P
    :)

7. DuckFan

Hi Tim,

I just sent you a PM....

8. Tim P

Tim P Senior Refuge Member

DITTO:D
    Tim P

9. Lynn Lobb

Lynn Lobb Senior Refuge Member

Hi DuckFan
    Well said.
    I think the only thing that can be agreed on this forum is your post and that we all enjoy shootin ducks.:D

10. dawgman

dawgman Elite Refuge Member

duck fan I ditto the well said as stated before. It's been said that one bad apple can spoil the whole barrel. It seems some laws are created to stop some folks from tipping the scales at the expense of many others who toe the line and stay in line. The vast majority of fugers are great people and I hope rise above all the garbage we've seen lately. Have a great last month.