"To Kill A King"

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by Juan De, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Juan De

Juan De Senior Refuge Member

I really liked the show, it's got me wanting to go. Can't get over how pretty those kings are!

2. H20OTTER

H20OTTER Elite Refuge Member

I have wanted to go for a long time. The show did nothing but promote the new Benelli and I thought it was a waste of an hour of my time. I would have much rather watched them actually hunting as I am far more interested in dropping the money for that hunt versus money for that gun.

3. bufflehead1

bufflehead1 Senior Refuge Member

That was probably the worse hunting show/infomercial I've ever watched.

The Duck Commander crowd must have enjoyed the show, I see they bailed out on Mossberg and are back to pimping Benelli guns again.

4. Chris Daniels

Chris Daniels Refuge Member

The infomercial stuff got old by the end of the night, if they were going to spend a bunch of time like they did I would have like to see more on the research, development, and what they were trying to accomplish by creating the new gun. Hopefully next week there is more about the actual hunt itself. And if I was a betting man I'd say the Duck Commander boys ditched both Mossberg and Benelli both, I swore I saw an A5 stamped on that gun in the Hevi Metal add.

5. dux/24 7

dux/24 7 Elite Refuge Member

Nothing wrong with shooting who pays you. Guarantee you would, if not i call BS. Nothing different than a bunch of overpaid athletes, American Dream. Go to whichever team will pay you the most money. Oh and don't forget they're also shooting overpriced heavy metal. But hey if it's free why not.

6. dux/24 7

dux/24 7 Elite Refuge Member

As far as the show goes I enjoyed it except it was way to commercially for me. I realize they're pimp their new gun but make the show more than just that. Some of the best part was the duck footage that I'm assuming came from habitat flats hunts.

7. Juan De

Juan De Senior Refuge Member

After watching the show again , I feel the name of the show was wrong being that the last 10 minutes is where they finally start getting to it, the show did however make me want to book a hunt with Charley Summerville

jzee likes this.
  8. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

All's it takes is money , sea sick med's and big brass balls.:yes:l:l:l

9. AleutianKing

AleutianKing Elite Refuge Member

Thank you for all the thoughts on the show, We had a great time withe Tony V and the Benelli crew as they are %100 professional and I don't think i have ever hunted with a more sincere and courteous individual as Tony V. We Did what we were asked and killed birds, showing all the different styles of hunting we offer. Some like it some don't all i can say is we had a great time and gave it %100 to showcase Island X a true dream trip. And as for the New SBE3 i have been a critic in the past about many of the guns malfunctioning in our harsh conditions and in 8 days of filming and hunting the new SBE3's performed %100 flawlessly not one jam, Click Clack, or miss fire. I have ordered 4 of them to have at the camp for future hunters to beable to shoot. Everyone have a great season and stay safe out there I'm heading to the Caribbean for a couple months to go get warm and go fishing.

Attached Files:

Scout_mn likes this.
  10. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Moderator- Diver, NY Forum, Refuge Classifieds Sponsor Moderator Flyway Manager

Phelps,New York (Heart of the Finger Lakes)
    I'll say it was a big Infomercial, but I did take the time to watch part one and part two. I liked it. I am not that into kill kill kill shows and this one kinda reminded me of the Duck,Dogs and Decoys videos that were done a few years back. Where they got into the nuts and bolts of the hunt, decoys, equipment area etc...