Todays adventure

Discussion in 'Alaska Flyway Forum' started by Ring King, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Ring King

Ring King Elite Refuge Member

Well we had gale warnings today and I didn't think I was going to get to hunt. After waiting till 9:30 waiting on the weather to calm down (which it didn't) I put the boat in anyway. The waves weren't all that bad, but when combined with the 40mph winds, the 14 degree temperature, and freezing spray it was a little hairy. I made the trip back out to my harlequin spot b/c I had left my pirogues out there the other day and wanted to retrieve them. When I got into the bay the water was beautifully calm and there were a good amount of birds in my spot. I ran the long lines out (which sucks when hunting alone) and got set up. Forty-five minutes later I had 5 harlequin drakes and four barrows golden eye drakes. I was a little worried about getting home safely so I went ahead and packed up to start heading home. Got some pretty good pics on the way home as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. eatwildgame

eatwildgame Refuge Member

Ring the pics are showing up red x's for me. It sure is awesome out here in the sound. Man we are blessed to have it for a back yard. Congrats on the birds. Lets see some pics of your deek set up.

3. LastFrontierLabs

LastFrontierLabs Elite Refuge Member

Those are awesome pics! Wow! Your season has been utterly amazing.

4. Ring King

Those pics are hosted on Myspace. If you have a block on Myspace then that's probably the issue. I used to host all my pics on hunt101, but then they started having all kinds of problems. I haven't set up my photobucket account yet so I used what I had!

5. northern wings

northern wings Elite Refuge Member

Ring, its about time you shot some real ducks and left those green headed park pigeons alone. haha
    congrats on a good hunt

-northern wings

6. Ring King

I'm headed back out in the morning after old squaw and scoters. I'm not going all the way back to the harli spot due to the gale wind advisory. I'm gonna stay close to the harbor and try for a little variety!

7. eatwildgame

eatwildgame Refuge Member

I'll be working but good luck. And ya watch the weather. Its 3 am and the waves are 15 feet in the entrance and 6 feet at bouy 60. Course you are alot more sheltered there but be careful.

8. Ring King

No hunting for me today. Just got the call and my vacation is cancelled. A helicopter just went down and we're going to search for them. Got to go to work!

Later

9. NCBADGES

NCBADGES North / South Carolina Flyway Moderator Moderator

AMAZING!!:clap :clap

PM sent.:D

NCB

10. King Eider

King Eider Elite Refuge Member

PLEASE tell me you're not just eating all of those and throwing all those BEAUTIFUL skins away:cry