Todays adventure

Discussion in 'Alaska Flyway Forum' started by Ring King, Dec 3, 2007.

1. eatwildgame

eatwildgame Refuge Member

Ring, News says you guys are anchored out in the sound tonight so you are prob not gonna see this for a couple of days. Hope you found a smooth spot to anchor. 15 feet in the entrance and 9 at bouy 60. 500 feet visibility and cieling on the water. Our prayers are with you and the crew of that chopper. :( 4 souls lost in the great snowy windy expanse of the lower PWS does not bode well. Stay safe God bless and thanks for looking.

2. duckoholic

duckoholic Refuge Member

Geeze where are you guys hunting// 2' swells and icy back water seems to be discouraging in our country...

3. eatwildgame

eatwildgame Refuge Member

We are hunting in Prince William sound. Ring is in the Coast guard and is out looking for a downed chopper not hunting. We do go through 4- 5 foot wind waves to hunt sometimes. But I would stay home if the chop was bigger than 6 and blowing 30+

4. NCBADGES

NCBADGES North / South Carolina Flyway Moderator Moderator

Anybody heard from Ring??

5. LastFrontierLabs

LastFrontierLabs Elite Refuge Member

6. Ring King

Ring King Elite Refuge Member

Alright guys. I'm not sure if this will work b/c our internet is spotty at best out here right now. I'm still out looking for the downed medi vac helicopter that went missing late Monday evening after leaving my home town of Cordova. I'm sad to say that the patient on board was a friend of mine and one of the first people that I met in town when I moved here last January. Gayle McDowell was one heck of a lady and ran two hotels with her husband Gary along with a fishing charter service. They are great people and my prayers go out that with the help of a miracle we'll be able to find Gayle and return her home!

I'm receiving private messages on here, but due to being underway right now I can't open them. I can be reached by email at Matthew.S.Brannon@uscg.mil

Please bare with me though b/c the email comes and goes as it pleases. It has been somewhat dependable for the last day though.

Not sure when we'll be heading back home right now. We're here for the duration of this search as long as that may take. I'll try to keep in touch when I can.

Matthew

7. LastFrontierLabs

LastFrontierLabs Elite Refuge Member

Matthew we are holding you and the other searchers as well as those aboard the missing medivac in our prayers.

8. Bay Bob

Bay Bob Elite Refuge Member

As one who frequently ventures on the waters of this wonderous country we are blessed with, I am constantly mindful of the sacrifices that the folks in the Coast Guard make to "be there" when we do something stupid, or when things go to he!! in a handbasket.

I thank God for you folks, and I thank you for the work you do.

If you ever get to Maryland I owe you a steak and a couple beers, lots of beers in fact !

BB

9. akshootnscoot

akshootnscoot Senior Refuge Member

thoughts and prayers sent up from washington. after working on a seiner in the sound for every summer that i can remember really makes me appreciate the work that you guys put in

10. 1CRAZY1

1CRAZY1 Senior Refuge Member

Nice pics Matt! Best of luck out there, be safe!:tu