Todays adventure

Discussion in 'Alaska Flyway Forum' started by Ring King, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Ring King

Ring King Elite Refuge Member

Thanks guys. We may be getting released from the search tonight. It's not looking good out here and the weather is showing no signs of letting up. Lot's of snow falling all day and night is making hopes of finding the helo slim until the spring thaw reveals what it has buried. We've found nothing in the waters or along the shores and with all the snow and fog the planes that are searching are having a rough time too.

If we make it back sometime tonight or early tomorrow morning that'll give me three more days of hunting before my season ends. I've got another underway trip next week so Monday will be my last chance to get after the birds here in Alaska until next season.

I'm leaving for California the first week of January though! I've got a month long school down there in Petaluma that starts on the 7th of January so anybody in the area that's looking for a hunting partner just let me know! ;) I should be able to get in a few weekends of hunting there before the season closes at the end of the month.

2. Pine

Pine Elite Refuge Member

matt,
    can't say anything about what you are doing that hasn't been said. my prayers go out for those you are looking for and to you
    thanks

3. skybust

skybust Senior Refuge Member

Ha matt good to see your safe sorry about not being able find the aircraft. Well if you do get a chance to get back out after some duck good luck Chris

4. Ring King

Ring King Elite Refuge Member

I would have loved to gone out today but the wind is kicking just a little too much for me. Gust's are out of control right now. I've got the next two days off and then I have to hang up my gear until next season. I won't get to shoot the last week of the season due to work. I've got my fingers crossed that the wind dies down so that I can go!!

5. 1CRAZY1

1CRAZY1 Senior Refuge Member

Let me know when your out there Matt. I will be out there a couple of times and if I am not I will put you in touch with some buddies to shoot them up.:tu