Tony Toye sentance handed down

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by h2ofwlr, Oct 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

One other thing, I don't think Toye is overall a bad person. Just that he used poor judgement and now it is costing him. I understand that. When I was 14 a group of us went the Saturday after Thanksgiving to hunt a National wildlife refuge for upland game. We had to sign in and where given maps to areas closed to hunting. These where areas with buildings and such. We hunted it the year before as well and knew that they had signs up so we never looked at the map.

Well a buddy of mine and I walked an area out only to have a Fed warden waiting for us. We received tickets for hunting in a closed area and we told him that we saw no signs. He said I understand, signs had been knocked down and not put back up yet, but we had been given a map and had we looked we would have known this area was closed. He was right, and while I was angry that we did not receive a warning because of the signs, my dad reminded me that as a hunter it was my responsibility to know where I was and if I could legally be there sign or not! That lesson stuck with me ! Only ticket for hunting or fishing I ever received other than leaning my shotgun against the truck to get my case out in a snow storm in WI!!!

h2ofwlr likes this.
  2. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Again, what are you talking about? Did you at least read Mr. Mann’s post?

3. buck_master_2001

Bless your heart.

4. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Ron,
    A lot of us simply take issue with the penalty imposed. Sorry, but no way in hell should not stopping two grown men from group shooting should result in a felony charge. Were he not a guide in an area where guides are under additional regulations it wouldn't be a ticket at all, or it sure as hell shouldn't. I'm fine with him being ticketed and a reasonable penalty imposed, but that isn't the case here.

Again, I'm saying this assuming there was no evidence of other violations which would have made a felony charge appropriate. In the Foiles case there were a multitude of charges. I don't recall the exact number, but I believe it was over 20. He plead down to, I think, three, and he got hammered pretty good. Guess I should say here that I didn't agree with the penalty in his case either. He should not have been sent to prison. A bigger fine and being banned from hunting for a longer time, possibly life, would have been more appropriate in my opinion.

buck_master_2001 likes this.
  5. buck_master_2001

How do you go about stopping one of the feds from shooting an extra hen mallard when he knows he was tagged out and then pulls up and shoots another hen out of the flock? Then because of that the guide gets charged with allowing a hunter to shoot over his limit on hens. You can only hold someone’s hand so much, if an idiot knowingly pulls up on a bird he knows he shouldn’t be shooting there’s nothing you can really do to stop that. In the end the guide gets the charged. In what world is that right?

6. Ron Gilmore

He allowed for the act to take place. It was on him period! What don't you get about this??????? You cant seem to grasp on any level personal responsibility and consequences that comes along with that! Here is why I say this! Few years back friends up from MI and NE to hunt. They would spend 10 days here. They hunted every day and ate birds every day. Some days they only took three birds if that was all they ate the day before. The local food bank while not being able to take fresh meat, did have a list of people who would take birds. So some of the birds after being cleaned where gifted.

A good friend had chopped his corn for silage, and the birds wanted into that field. We hunted it 4 days in a row as new birds where moving into the area. Unknown to us, we where watched every day by two Fed wardens who later secured a warrant to search the rooms at the hotel my friends where staying. Hotel had a freezer and every hunter had to properly identify anything they put into it.

Well the wardens came up with zero violations. They had nothing in the field even though one of the guys dog retrieved almost all the birds. They where put with the hunter who shot them. The hotel freezer contained one days limit, the rest was fresh killed. They asked where the rest of the birds went and they where either consumed or gifted legally.

Why with 5 guys hunting could they not over 4 days find a single violation??? Because we all took the time and effort to avoid breaking any laws that we knew existed. So enough already! He messed up and is paying for it. By continued excuse making for the act it shows that you really don't care about rules and laws that you don't care about. He was not framed if so he could have proven it and would not have taken a plea deal!

h2ofwlr and Zane like this.
  7. Ron Gilmore

Ah as a guide he is required by laws put in place to report this! He chose not to then he violated the laws!!!

DEADEYE, h2ofwlr and Zane like this.
  8. buck_master_2001

Ummmmmm what if the fed doesn’t state this until 3 years after the fact? Then what?

9. buck_master_2001

Again, what are you talking about? You have shown that you have read zero on this matter and are simply Bumping your gums.

10. Ron Gilmore

bill I wont argue with your view on the punishment maybe not fitting the act. That is another issue and open for debate as views of what should be done to a game violator varies from person to person. .

Buck again another excuse! Go to class learn something get out of momma house!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.