Tony Toye sentance handed down

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by h2ofwlr, Oct 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

What’s an excuse. Seriously, what is one to do about the simple fact of stating he shot 2 hen mallards 3 years after the hunt but didn’t claim them during the hunt? Again, have you read anything on this subject? It’s clear you haven’t got anything educated to say with your continuing “mom’s internet” comments. How’s using your wife to scam on your business going? Great morals right there, lil’ buddy.

2. h2ofwlr

h2ofwlr Elite Refuge Member

true you can not stop it - But once the client does an illegal act the G is culpable to stop the hunt. He would not get charged if he reports it (calls it in) to the COs that his client broke the law. If the G doesn't call it in - it is accessory after the fact and the G is just as guilty as the 1 that pulled the trigger. Also aren't G/Os required to do log books? Now he is going to falsify that? (this was 1 of the charges against Foiles).

3. buck_master_2001

The prosecutor stated last week that one fed was purposely missing. He never claimed the birds during the hunt. 3 years later he stated this. Other wise I would agree with you.

4. SOGGYBOTTOMBOY

SOGGYBOTTOMBOY Elite Refuge Member

He was busted this time. I am sure there was other times he was not for illegal activities.

brentbullets likes this.
  5. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

By that logic, the wardens who failed to put signs up when you were 14 should have gotten the tickets instead of you and your friend.

6. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Only if state law requires. There's no federal law requiring guides to follow more laws than you or I.

7. ArmChair Biologist

ArmChair Biologist Senior Refuge Member

You're basing your opinions from a sample size of 5?? Like I said again, there's allot of farmers who say they lease their land in the metro area just so they don't have to say no OR they lease it for Deer hunting so they don't let goose hunters on it. I've had multiple farmers tell me they lease their land to NEVER see anyone hunt it. Who pays money to goose hunt a piece of property then doesn't? You have to read between the lines. People in MN don't like conflict.

5k is allot of money for 1 field. Especially considering the best fields in Rochester, that have pits to hunt 12-14 guys aren't that much for a season. Sounds like that "outfitter" should spend his money in a different area.

From the evidence presented here it sounds like entrapment occurred and the Feds dangled very harsh penalty's over his head so he would plead guilty. Not surprising, as law enforcement does things like this all the time. No one here that believes Toye rightfully got convicted has produced any credible evidence. All I hear is you don't like guides so it served him right.

Based on this thread I'm not surprised he got called in by other hunters regularly. There's a good possibility other hunters didn't like that he was a guide and called him in, even if he never broke the law. I would be willing to bet money on that. From the evidence presented Toye took two guys hunting and they got twelve ducks, one guy was purposefully missing and apparently shot 4 ducks and another guy shot 8. The guy who shot 8 birds "claims" he told Toye twice but Toye never acknowledged him. Toye did tell one of the officers twice that he couldn't shoot any more geese after reaching his limit. No one can objectively look at that and say the punishment fit the crime. In fact you could argue that Toye didn't break any laws because it's possible he didn't hear the officer since he didn't acknowledge him, and he didn't know who shot what.

Just because someone takes a plea deal doesn't mean they're not innocent. If he took it to trial he wouldn't just rack up lawyer fees, he would also loose wages on the days he wasn't working. Even if he's found innocent he could easily spend more money then the 25,000 he lost. This is how big business, government, ect. bully people. They know the little guys don't have the resources so they tie things up in litigation to get their way. Either roll over or we'll make you pay financially.

I'm still not seeing any valid arguments from the evidence everyone has access to besides the fact that A. you don't like guides so screw him or B. people called him in to the wardens in the past which is just hearsay and isn't credible evidence.

8. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

From the article in Outdoor News

The guides were singled out because the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service received complaints from hunters that the guides were allowing their clients to violate laws.

Though defense attorneys tried to indicate that it was difficult for guides to know exactly who shot what duck and that a single bird over the limit was relatively minor, it was clear from conversations recorded by undercover agents that the guides encouraged hunters to continue shooting...

Now one more time tell me again that he did not cause his own problems!!! With recorded conversations encouraging group hunting which is not allowed under federal law or any state law since they cannot be less restrictive I will ask you one more time where the Feds got this wrong!!!!!!!!

So buck don't you think it would have been better to spend your time at school today instead of getting schooled on the net!!!

h2ofwlr likes this.
  9. buck_master_2001

Again, have you heard the recordings or read testimony from the courtroom? Or are you just going off what the media is feeding you?

It’s been stated many times and in the courtroom that when game warden a asked to shoot more geese twice he was told no. When game warden B told Toye he reached his limit Toye never responded. Again, there’s nothing there saying he told them to continue to keep shooting. I challenge you to find the documents that state that....

10. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

So how do you know what the prosecutors have??? Why then would he not fight it??? Plain and simple he screwed up and got off lucky not losing hunting and fishing privileges not only in WI but other states in the alliance!

Maybe the witness list of clients that they where going to parade into the court stating they where allowed to shoot the guides limit or fill in for others who could not hit the floor if they fell on it! You are wrong on so many levels on this but it is of no real surprise.

When they went after Sheldon Schlecht in ND a number of years ago, he caved and plead out because the witnesses they had to testify. He claimed they where coerced but anyone that knew him understood he was foul. Later was charged with rape of a minor that he got drunk and sold to some of his upstanding clients.

We heard just like you from cheerleaders saying what a stand up guy he was and that he would walk miles to retrieve a bird etc.... Yet they caught him and his help dumping whole waterfowl in a burn pit, that he stomped birds into the mud for the shooters to keep shooting. The list goes on and on!

Toye is not Sheldon, but the premise that they could not defend their actions before a jury says all that is needed to say!
    Scenario!!!!

DA? Witness once you reached your limit for the day did you stop shooting? Answer: yes

DA Did others in your group that had filled continue to shoot? Anwser Yes!

DA Can you explain that? Defense Attorney I Object!

Judge Overruled answer!

Witness, well we where close to our time and some of the group where short because they either did not have opportunity or missed on those they did. So Tony says to the group lets fill the limits. Full limit pictures are the best!!!!

After 10 or so of people giving the similar response his goose is cooked. (pun intended)

The defense attorney would not be able to impeach all of the witnesses. So try again buck,

You are grasping at one single item and I can tell you that they had a lot more than that to get a grand jury to indict and for Tony to cave and plea! Perhaps you need to evaluate your standards of ethics. I hold a g/o to the same standard as myself and that is to comply with the law even when you don't agree with it. He didn't do that!

Zane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.