Too good to be true...?

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by 3drahthaars, Mar 16, 2016.

1. 3drahthaars

3drahthaars Elite Refuge Member

Is it me or is it that the Lynch Foolproof is just that?

I was looking for something different for this season, and broke down and bought one at the local Cabelas.

I have a "nice looking" box call that I got from a local call maker, but it's worse than playing a violin sometimes.

But, I found myself having to almost try to get a sour note out of the Lynch FP.

Just curious if this is too good to be true...

3ds

2. redjones

redjones Senior Refuge Member

I am pretty sure there have been more Turkeys killed with a Lynch box call than any other box call made by far.
    They have kinda fallen by the wayside in recent years,but they are still used by lots of old timers that hunted with them most of there turkey hunting careers.
    The older ones still bring good money on auction sites and are definitely a great sounding call.
    I have a couple that were retired a few years ago that were my Grandfather's and Uncle's, but I killed several tom's with both before they got put on a shelf in my gun vault.
    Good Luck with the new call and post some pics when you kill your bird.

Greg

3. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

A dang good box call... Not the best looking, looks like they did not quite finish it, but it sounds good...

When I got back into turkey hunting, I asked my friends who were really into it, which box call to go with... Primos HeartBreaker topped the list, but I would go with the FoolProof (especially considering the price).

I just purchased a Spring Creek, and for the money, I was very impressed. Called and told him I wanted a high pitch call with a raspy finish, and for $35 (including shipping) I had exactly what I described at my house in 3 days... Nice looking call as well.

I have a Lynch Long Beard, which is a cheaply made call at best... Got it for $10... The right side of the call does not work at all, but he off side makes a really high-pitch call (kinda like nails on a chalk board)... Called in a couple birds, and that is a call I will go to just to make them gobble (maybe a shock-gobble?).

4. marsh-mello

marsh-mello Elite Refuge Member

It's what I have been using "forever"...works like a charm and when anyone ever asks, that's what I tell them to get.

Another call I liked was the ole yeller slate...seems they have updated the model and no longer carry the older "yeller" colored one. I happen to have left mine where I was sitting to go and see what my daughter had shot after she called in her turkey by herself...using my LYNCH fool proof box call!

Attached Files:

5. Glades Ranger

Glades Ranger Elite Refuge Member

The other night had my wife and daughter listen and rate my various box calls: Lynch, custom Kentucky, custom wormy chestnut Carolina, and a Ben Lee double hen....the winner was the Ben Lee! I still tote my little Tom Gaskins call- not loud but sweet and simple.

6. marsh-mello

marsh-mello Elite Refuge Member

Heres the (fool) proof....

Attached Files:

7. dakndug

dakndug Moderator Moderator

3d's I was given a Lynch's World Champion Box Call when I first started Turkey Hunting, still carry it today as my box call. Sounds great, looks good and they are inexpensive comparatively. And it's way more versatile than the FP.

Doug

8. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Doug, how is it more versatile? I broke my FP and was thinking of replacing it... But I could pur, cluck, cut, and certainly yelp on it... Probably one of the best purring boxes I owned (one of those high-pitched purrs that makes your skin crawl, but the birds seemed to eat it up).

9. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Will the Fool-Proof do a gobble like the Longbeard will? Have a buddy with a Lynch Longbeard that will make a gobble pretty dang good.