tracker grizzly 1648

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by bigdrumnc, Mar 5, 2013.

1. bigdrumnc

bigdrumnc Elite Refuge Member

I just inheritted a tracker grizzly 1648 2011. the boat is set up for a tiller handle. the company rates it for a 50. the boat is brand new never used. i want to keep it a tiller and i am leaning between a 25 hp and a 40 hp yamaha. anyone who owns this set up please chime in. what power do you have????

2. quakehead

quakehead Senior Refuge Member

A 40hp should do you pretty good.

3. A5Mag12

A5Mag12 Elite Refuge Member

I have the same boat with a 32 ProDrive on it. It should be a blast with a 40 on it. When in doubt always go bigger.

4. dirtyquacker

dirtyquacker Senior Refuge Member

I'd go with 40 minimum, but would prefer 50.

You won't regret having the extra horsepower especially in rough conditions and/or heavy load.

5. Pinnie1

Pinnie1 Senior Refuge Member

Go with the 40. You wont be happy with the 25 and a hunting load. I have a 40hp Tohatsu on mine and I have been happy with it. I do wish I would have put a hydraulic jack plate on it though...would make running the shallows on plane a bit easier...

6. kc outdoorsman

kc outdoorsman Elite Refuge Member

I have a 1655 Tracker. All I could find for tiller motors when I got mine was a 35hp, would have liked a bigger one but nothign avail. Mine runs decent with proper prop and height setup it gets 32mph on GPS. It has been a really good boat for my use

7. justinduckman7

justinduckman7 Senior Refuge Member

Go with a 40 or 50 My dad has 1860and we run 50 two stroke merc and it runsgreat. Go with 40 or 5o you wont be disapponted

8. Richard Finch

Richard Finch Elite Refuge Member

You'd love the 40 on that rig...

Richard

9. shotgunslb

shotgunslb Elite Refuge Member

I bought the 2006 model with a 50 hp on it and it flew. Got it up to 35 mph easy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Since then I've made several modifications into a mud boat with a mod 36 PD. I still can get 30-31 mph by myself, gear and dog.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. woodiewacker1

woodiewacker1 Refuge Member

Man I have the same boat with a 40 Yamaha and love it and I have gotten it up to 36 by myself and its not setup right. I would go to the 50 and make sure you get one that's a 2006 two stroke you will like it better.