Tractors

Discussion in 'Habitat Forum' started by Timber Hole, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Porter Bayou

Porter Bayou Senior Refuge Member

Just kidding. Stolen off Facebook. I got nada, but that's what it will look like if I ever win the lottery.

2. Waterdog Trainer

Waterdog Trainer Senior Refuge Member

I bought an LS XR 4046 with cab new in 2014. Mostly used for mowing, FEL work on 400 acre club. Over 500 hours on it with only a couple issues covered by warranty. Cab with heat/air is great. Don't have much timber so it works out well.

3. Little Ruddy

Little Ruddy Elite Refuge Member

Ford 3000 diesel with 4000 hours. Very tough tractor does everything I need it to. Would like a bucket some day but budget won't allow right now. Looked at the newer J D tractors but just can't see paying that much when a used tractor will do the job. Have a cultipacker, disc, cultivator, bush hog and a Jd 71 flex planter. Looking for a drill now.

4. JFG

JFG Elite Refuge Member

A FEL is soo valuable to me. Many things you can do with one.

5. Teamjefe

Teamjefe Refuge Member

I use a Kubota M7040. Also have a 12ft shredder, 8ft disc, and a new 110 gal PTO sprayer. I borrow a friends 15ft roller chopper every year to open some holes up.

Need to get a better disc

6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Almost went with an LS. Lots of "extra" features come standard on them. Only reason I didn't get it was because of the deal I got on my Mahindra. My boss went with the LS, and really liked it, but it wasn't big enough for his property. He wanted a batwing, so he traded it for a Kioti 70-ish HP.

7. Waterdog Trainer

Waterdog Trainer Senior Refuge Member

I think Mahindra makes a nice tractor. I liked the layout of the cab better on the LS.

8. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

The LS is plush, fo sho! Had I needed the remotes, and been OK with a tier IV, I'd have went with it. My biggest "plus" of the Mahindra (other than the price) was the weight of the tractor. If I remember correctly, the Mahindra weighed about 800 LBS more. Personal opinion is the LS rode better, but when I was looking, the tier IVs were newly coming out, and they were giving folks fits (not just LS models). That afterburner system for the exhaust was nowhere near perfect. Pretty sure that has been fixed now by all. I also looked into their 5047 model. Woulda been the same HP as the old 3000, with lots of bells and whistles. :tu

9. MALLARD MAGICIAN

MALLARD MAGICIAN Elite Refuge Member

IMG_0253.JPG

Did you say in the duck lake???

10. bbfky

bbfky Elite Refuge Member

Got a 40HP Kioti with a FEL, if I had it to do over again I would be in the 60-70 HP range